“Garbage! Worst pizza I have ever had!”

New York Pizza Oven
Ranked #19 of 41 Restaurants in Colchester
Price range: US$3 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We specialize in New York Style pizza. The Buffalo Chicken pizza is a customer favorite. Our hot and cold subs are made from the freshest ingredients and are the best around. Try our Calzones which are made to order. You can add any of our pizza toppings to them. Our Chicken Rolls and Stromboli are very popular. As are our Philly cheese steak subs. Order online
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This place is tanking. 2 years ago I frequently purchased wings, but since new ownership, its all about cheap labor (kids) and frozen blah food. They need Gordon Ramsey from Kitchen Nightmares to come for about 6 months. This place is total disorganization, horrible food and a staff that could care less. INCREDIBLY OVER-PRICED. The reviews on this page are placed by the dis-honest owner and his "staff". The owner requires his new hires to have them or a family member "butter up" the reviews on this site which is a clear violation and has been reported! Do not waste your money. Oder a frozen generic named pizza and you surely will be more satisfied........YUCK!

Reviewed 7 May 2012

NY Pizza Oven prepared our dinner for the Super Bowl and the Oscar's. OK we had Pizza and Wings twice recently and they were excellent, tasty and hot. We live about one mile away and decided to stop in at the restaurant to try other things on the menu. My wife and I both had the Spaghetti and Meatball special at $5.95 and found it to be excellent also. The meat balls were lean, sufficiently spiced, and hot. The spaghetti was "al dente" and the sauce was delicious. They do a lot of take out and we got to see many people we know coming for pick up. It was a nice stop and will definitely go again.

The questions below may not pertain to NYPO as you order at the counter, fill your own drink, and your food is brought to you. The atmosphere is not that of a fancy restaurant but has a nice, fun atmosphere of its own.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

NYPO is a family favourite. NYPO has come under new ownership in the last year or so and that's for the better. Call ahead and it's ready on the way home. They have new menu items including White Pizza with no tomato sauce. A great medium veggie pizza will generously serve two people for $13.85. I also like this place because they have a history of supporting local clubs and school groups with donations. They are a part of the local community and that says a lot to me.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

If your looking for the worst meal ever come here. The philly cheese sub had more bread then meat. The wings were so black from being burnt that I couldn't tell what they were until I checked my sales slip! I also tried to call and stop the driver from leaving the street, because even the drinks were wrong. When I called like dummy's they put me on hold and never came back on the line to try to fix the problem. It is all inexperienced people who don't care about what they do! I would have been better off to pick up some road kill and fried it. I also would have had more pleasure in burning my money and eating road kill, that at least I could have identified! It truly was the worst burnt food that I have ever eaten in my entire life! I upload a picture of it, but other customer's would get sick and this web site is to cheap to let you upload a picture! Every thumb of every person I know is down!

4  Thank Derek200
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Good wings, lasagna and buffalo chicken pizza. Things have improved since the new guy took over.