“Amazing cross country skiing”

Craftsbury Sports Center
More attraction details
Owner description: A sports center that offers one-week and weekend adult camps for a variety of outdoor sports: skiing, running, and sculling for example.
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My Spouse and I wanted to experience the skiing in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. We were not disappointed. Craftsbury has great trails that are well groomed for skating and traditional. The staff is very nice too at the ski shop. We stayed two nights in Cedar Lodge, the rooms are sparse but very clean and comfortable. We shared a bath but it wasn't busy at all. The food at Craftsbury is Amazing! After a great day on the trails we came into lunch to soups, salad and great breads. Dinner and breakfast are great too. A very nice weekend for us.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Craftsbury Outdoor Center in northern Vermont Is top of the line for xc xkiers in winter (scullers in summer). Trails wind through woods and fields and are meticulously maintained. They both harvest snow from fields and make snow to fill in rough spots from the inevitable January thaw. Stay overnight in one of the lodges and enjoy locally sourced very hearty meals. I had a wonderful weekend with 30 skiers from Burlington area. Only knew a few when I signed up, but made new friends while skiing, at the destination cabin with free hot chocolate, in the common room over shared wine, and around the meal table. OH, also in the sauna.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We've been going there every summer for the past 3 years, where my daughter attends sculling camp. It's a great experience for her, and you will not lack for the most amazing instruction ever! My husband and I stay as "guests of the sculler." We go for the cabin upgrade, which is really worth the extra fee. We enjoy canoeing around the lake, watching the wildlife (and the sculling participants). We can't wait for mealtime, though! The food is absolutely amazing! It's mostly organic, farm-fresh and a real treat! They have a great fitness center, a yoga faciliy, as well as lots of walking/running trails. My daughter has made some wonderful friends there. We're planning to go back this summer.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Real Vermont experience. Great soulful countryside and a true cross country skiing adventure for novice and expert alike.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My college rowing partner and I did the 3 day sculling camp together and it was perfect! A lot of high quality instruction, lots of great local food, and a beautiful campus.
The boat house and all equipment is kept in top shape, and everyone was helpful and very nice.
The only downside, if you care about such things, is the rooms are dorm style with the shared bathroom in the hallway. But otherwise it was comfortable.