“An excellent choice in Vermont”

Creamery Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: See Google Place Page: http://maps.google.com/places/us/vt/danville/hill-st/46/-creamery-restaurant?gl=us
Baltimore, Maryland
“An excellent choice in Vermont”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I had an excellent meal at the Creamery on Aug 9. My pork with a chili sauce was juicy and full of flavor; she had Seafood Newburg that was rich and full of shrimp, scallops and lobster. The wine was very good as well. The maple cream pie with real whipped cream was the best we've had in Vermont (and we've tried lots of places). Service was excellent - casual but very attentive. Paper napkins - yes, but we were eating outside on a lovely Vermont summer evening, and we didn't care. Highly recommended !

• Visited August 2014

Hardwick, Vermont
“A Very Noisey Pricey Pub”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Reservations were made for a group of us(3 couples) for a Friday night on June 20, 2014 at the Creamery Restaurant in Danville, Vermont located just off US. Route 2 in the center of this Small Vermont Town. Our table was ready on time and we were promptly seated. The Restaurant is small and organized around a Bar. It was very noisy and not well lighted and conversation was very difficult. It is located in the bottom of the building with low ceilings like most typical Pubs. I noted the menu had no beef items available and all entrees were priced at least $20 or more with most at $24. Two couples had the Baked Scallops and one individual had the Swordfish item and the other had the Salmon item. I noted the Swordfish looked scorched and the salmon burned looking. I felt the portions were small and tasty but pricey for a Pub. The Ambience and presentation did not match the price. Paper napkins were used with no Table linens. Not what you would expect when each plate cost $35 to $45 after tax, tip and no desert. Included was a$4 beer. I have rated this restaurant adequate as the price does not match what we expected. All six of us commended the service but do not expect a lot for your money.

• Visited June 2014
Danville, Vermont
“Pretty good food; lousy wine.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have been to the Creamery Restaurant many times over the years. The atmosphere is comfortable, the staff friendly and the service is very good. The menu doesn't change very much but the portions are light but tasty. We would caution, however, not to order the house wine. It's terrible! Buy a bottle & enjoy yourselves.

• Visited May 2013
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
“Valentines Day”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

A cozy evening while the snow was blowing outside. The service was attentive and the baked stuffed shrimp was delicious. I would recommend this place for any occasion.

Peacham, Vermont
“Comfortable vibe, food needs some work”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I had dinner on a recent Friday. I had ravioli with a butter sauce topped with chicken breasts and I'm usually one to finish my meals... but I just couldn't. It was like very nice airplane food - blandly seasoned and unnervingly soft (mushy almost). To be fair, we really liked our appetizer of baked artichokes (covered in garlic butter, what's not to love?) and it may have been the fault of what I ordered... they had a chicken pot pie that did look great, and my husband liked his pork chop. We will probably go again (because there aren't many other options in the area), but overall I'm not sure if it's worth the other rave reviews.

• Visited January 2014