The Dorset Inn
The INN at Willow Pond(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$153
Four Winds Country Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
Olympia Lodge(Manchester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/05
US$121
Travelocity
The Stamford Motel & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$96
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Manchester View(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$109
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Aspen at Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$120
Orbitz.com
Palmer House(Manchester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$131
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$161
Hampton.com
Kimpton Taconic Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$164
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$205
Travelocity
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

All reviewsnew englandliving roomthe bread puddinggeneral storebreakfast was includedcrackling firewinter weekendcountry breakfastincluded in the room ratethird floorcommon areasjacuzzi tubboth morningsgas fireplacewedding partyfront porchspent two nights
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We were looking for a place to spend our 40th Anniversary and came across the Dorset Inn. It looked wonderful online and the Romantic package seemed to be exactly what we were looking for. Our decision to book the weekend was made solely on the information we saw on their web site. It was a risk but looking at other reviews on this site we decided to give it a try. From the time that I called until we left, we could not have been happier with the service and our stay. They made reservations for a sleigh ride that we wanted to take, our dinner reservations, massages, and even our skimobile excursion. They made sure that everything was taken care of. The suite was beautiful and exactly what you see on the website with a few pleasant surprises. They have put a lot into "personal touches" that make all the difference. The food was awesome! The staff was great. The massage was one of the best I have experienced. The only down side to the entire weekend was that we had to leave! We will definately return and have recommended the Dorset Inn to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I live in the DC area and am a frequent traveler to Vermont. I have visited the Manchester and Dorset area several times. The Dorset Inn is very charming - located in a small village just a few miles from Manchester. I visited here most recently in the last week of 2009.

The bar atmosphere is wonderful, and I especially like the Ploughman's platter - the cheese selection and pate is excellent. I also had a great Mediterranean salad, and salmon (I think it was a daily special), and would recommend both. The ginger-carrot bisque is very good, as are the sweet potato fritters (exceptional!). The latter is good as dessert as well! The bar tender is very friendly. I had some friends join me for a bit and we had a great evening hanging out. On another night I sat in the dining room, which was equally nice and comfortable. We had lunch one day - great spinach salad, and great Bloody Marys!

This Inn is pet-friendly, and I understand the owner's have labs, although I did not see their labs there. There was another family there with a dog/puppy in the bar area that everyone was crooning over. That being said, the place is not overwhelmed with pets, but appropriately pet "friendly."

I scheduled both a massage and a facial, and I have to say, the facial was one of the best I've had. The massage was great as well, but the facial really stood out as exceptional. I ended up buying one of the products (which I never do) and have been using it ever since - I love it (a pumice scrub).

I also sat on the sofa by the fire and read a magazine one afternoon - and enjoyed homemade cookies and tea. It was so cozy and comfortable, I actually dozed off ...

In summary, I would highly recommend the Dorset Inn!

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 18 January 2010

The Dorset Inn is located on the Green in the village of Dorset & came under the recommendation of a fellow chef who works in the Manchester-Dorset area. Upon entering the Inn you are greeted by the staff warmly & honestly. We arrived a little early for dinner and was given a tour of the Inn & kitchen by the owner, Steve. After our tour, we had a little extra time to wait and was shown into the tavern for an adult-beverage & some great conversation with fellow travelers & locals. Dinner was served in the main dining room (you can request to eat in the tavern side, both are well appointed & sever-friendly). Dinner was outstanding without being fussy or pretentious; well cooked and thoughtfully plated starters & entrees. The servers were never overbearing or m.i.a; attentive & friendly without being an actual part of our dining conversation. Would I ever go back? Youbetcha! Recommend it to others? [--] Straight!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank da_cowboychef
Reviewed 21 December 2009

My title says it all... We are locals and this place is outstanding!! The food is always spot on and the service is very attentive and outstanding. This is a must experiance place while in the area or even well worth a ride in for dinner. Perfect place to relax by the fire and enjoy great food and wine...

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2009

We stayed three nights at this classic inn and enjoyed the cozy atmosphere, the warm fireplace, the friendliness of the staff. Our king size bed was one of the most comfortable we've slept in. The chef at the restaurant prepares outstanding dishes, including the vegetarian ones.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple