“Exception”

Mio Bistro Mobile
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Dorset
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mio has reopened as a takeout only food truck restaurant parking at JK Adams in Dorset. We will be serving our soups and chowders, gourmet pizza and daily specials such as curries, seafood, and meatballs using organic/local and humanely raised meat and poultry, and GMO-free items. We will list each local farm, organic and GMO-free ingredient in order to be completely transparent about the food we are preparing.
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The food is amazing here-the most incredible,innovative mixture of exotic spices and herbs coupled with the wine selection make this place a very special night and coupled with the Dorset Playhouse,is an evening to remember....

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I reviewed Mio two years ago and raved about it. We returned recently and found everything about the same in terms of quality, service and creativity. We split a beet salad which was divine. The greens were fresh and crisp and the beets sweet and firm. The chef offered a fresh haddock chowder that fulfills my idea of what a seafood chowder should be. So often I find chowders thickened with a starch based product or with some type of cream, both methods detracting from the seafood flavor. This chowder sparkled with the flavor of fresh seafood and the soup base was a perfect blend of seafood broth and a light dairy product. I regret I did not ask the chef how to achieve that delicate balance.
There were two specials that caught our fancy. The first was a pan seared diver scallop dish with a lobster and asparagus risotto. There were 6 medium sized sea scallops seared to perfection that practically melted in my mouth. The risotto was also cooked perfectly and to my surprise and delight featured almost as much lobster and asparagus as there was arborio. My wife ordered the Thai red snapper in coconut curry broth. The fish was cooked perfectly and served over wild rice with pan seared veggies. I sneaked a few bites and found the combination of textures and favors divine.
Mio Bistro remains among our top restaurants in Vermont.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Mio is a great place to eat, but it was so much nicer when it was in Pawlet, one of our favourite Vermont villages. The new location - on Route 30 - is not as nice, despite Dorset being a very attractive village. I doubt if they'll move back to Pawlet, so hope someone opens a new eatery at Mio's old location...

Reviewed 6 May 2013

My gf and I went there on a Saturday night. The service was impeccable and fast. The food was delicious, one of the best meals that I've had in my life. I will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Ate at Mio Bistro on a whim and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and service. The food was very good. Had the sesame scallops (amazing combo!) The chefs each asked us about the meal and were very friendly. Great dining experience!