“Great Find!”

Mio Bistro Mobile
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Dorset
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mio has reopened as a takeout only food truck restaurant parking at JK Adams in Dorset. We will be serving our soups and chowders, gourmet pizza and daily specials such as curries, seafood, and meatballs using organic/local and humanely raised meat and poultry, and GMO-free items. We will list each local farm, organic and GMO-free ingredient in order to be completely transparent about the food we are preparing.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

As usual we looked on Trip Advisor when deciding where to eat on a special occasion, in this case our in-laws anniversery. We made it a perfect evening by choosing Mio Bistro for dinner and tickets to the Dorset Playhouse for "Clybourne Park". The outdoor patio is very attractive and the surprising fans positioned around kept it cool and bug free. The food was universally excellent. We had the beet salad and lobster chowder for appetizers - both were terrific with big chunks of lobster in the latter. Then two had the duck confit, two yummy legs each, one the halibut (on a bed of crabmeat risotto!) and the last, the red snapper in a curry coconut sauce. Not a morsel was left. Considering the large portions it is amazing we managed to eat the lava chocolate cake with ice cream. But we did and memories of it are still swirling around in our heads. We waddled off to the theater extremely happy. We'll be back!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Service was excellent. The drinks and food were delicious. I have been there a few times and they have never disappointed me.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Alright, so I've lived all over the world, California, London, etc but I grew up in Vermont and have yet to find a restaurant that can compare to Mio Bistro. The owners/chefs Beverly and Leo are extraordinary people as well as chefs. They are always willing to do anything possible to accommodate guests, as well as provide an amazing dining experience.

So my best friend and I went in for dinner this evening and received exceptional service as soon as we entered. Ali, our waitress, was extremely attentive and friendly and helped us to decide between the exquisite specials, as well as the normal menu.

We decided on the wild shrimp and avocado salad, french onion soup, the free bird chicken done thai style, the wild sea bass with fra diavolo and crab and asparagus risotto. (We shared the two entrees).

The wild shrimp and avocado salad is a favorite. With crisp local mixed greens, succulent juicy shrimp, fresh, tangy salsa and a warm tomato-based sauce the shrimp is sautéed in, it makes for the perfect appetizer.

I can't speak for the french onion soup, considering I didn't eat it but that bowl was empty.

Let me tell you, I'm a foodie, and this sea bass was the best thing I've ever eaten out at a restaurant hands down. The fra diavolo added the perfect amount of heat and dimension to the perfectly moist sea bass. It also added the perfect balance to the creamy texture of the decadent crab and asparagus risotto, which was perfectly cooked I might add, something difficult to find with risotto at a restaurant. I can't even describe how delicious it was. I was ready to lick the plate. (it's only a special so it won't always be there but pray that when you go it is).

As for the thai chicken, it was moist and juicy with a little spice from thai peanut sauce and pepper that was tastefully cut by the sweet coconut curry sauce atop the chicken as well as a wild rice medley and sautéed summer vegetables. It's a dish I've had before and consistently return to because it is unique and always done well.

I was so full, after those mastered entrees but I'm a firm believer in dessert so I couldn't say no when presented with a dessert menu.

We went for the chocolate lava cake. No regrets. Perfectly moist and warm. The perfect ending to a perfect meal for any chocolate/dessert lover.

If you don't stop into this place when you're in the Southern Vermont area. You're an idiot.

They are the only certified "green" restaurant in the area, everything is made fresh to order with never frozen ingredients and all of the ingredients, including meat, are humanely raised and mostly bought local.

Simply a must.

1  Thank johannakate
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The food is amazing here-the most incredible,innovative mixture of exotic spices and herbs coupled with the wine selection make this place a very special night and coupled with the Dorset Playhouse,is an evening to remember....

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I reviewed Mio two years ago and raved about it. We returned recently and found everything about the same in terms of quality, service and creativity. We split a beet salad which was divine. The greens were fresh and crisp and the beets sweet and firm. The chef offered a fresh haddock chowder that fulfills my idea of what a seafood chowder should be. So often I find chowders thickened with a starch based product or with some type of cream, both methods detracting from the seafood flavor. This chowder sparkled with the flavor of fresh seafood and the soup base was a perfect blend of seafood broth and a light dairy product. I regret I did not ask the chef how to achieve that delicate balance.
There were two specials that caught our fancy. The first was a pan seared diver scallop dish with a lobster and asparagus risotto. There were 6 medium sized sea scallops seared to perfection that practically melted in my mouth. The risotto was also cooked perfectly and to my surprise and delight featured almost as much lobster and asparagus as there was arborio. My wife ordered the Thai red snapper in coconut curry broth. The fish was cooked perfectly and served over wild rice with pan seared veggies. I sneaked a few bites and found the combination of textures and favors divine.
Mio Bistro remains among our top restaurants in Vermont.