“Amazing, cozy, friendly and charming!”

The Dorset Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dorset Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Dorset
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Dorset Inn...always a treat! All of us here love food and enjoy sharing that with you. The warm and welcoming ambiance of the historic red dining room and cozy New England tavern allows guests to relax and enjoy the food, the wine and the friendly hospitality. As a member of Vermont Fresh Network, we support as many local farms and businesses as possible. Our cuisine is an uncomplicated, bistro-style that demonstrates classic culinary techniques and traditions with regional influences and reflects the freshest ingredients available. To showcase Vermont's four unique seasons, the menu changes frequently.
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband, Yorkie and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Vermont this past weekend. We were dismayed that there were no hotel accomodations in our beloved Manchester Village. We called the Chamber of Commerce and a very lovely woman there (Christine) recommended we try the Dorset. It was less than 5 minutes from Manchester Village.
Luckily, they had a room and we went! I could not have asked for a lovelier, more adorable spot. The food was scrumptious and our waitress, Linda was a doll. The menu was full of great local choices. We started with Apple Cider spiced with warm rum...that set the tone for a wonderful little overnight trip. Breakfast with stuffed French Toast (gorgozola & pecans w/raspberry syrup) was even better! We met "regulars" who would stay no other place. Such friendly people & very clean..a must for me!

Dorsetinnkeeper, Owner at The Dorset Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We will certainly share them with our staff. We pride ourselves on having yummy food paired with great service. From breakfast to dinner, our culinary team thrives on creating tantalizing specials. So glad you found us in Dorset and hopefully we'll be checking you in again real soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Cozy intimate bar to start the evening..Dinner selection was quite varied and each one of the 4 of us had different meals , all were excellent..as was the desserts..The award winning wine list was exceptional ..Service aws second to none , obviously we enjoyed the restaurant

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were tired of waiting for another place to eat in the area. We had reservations but the less casual place was slow for service and not honoring their reservations. It was 7:30 pm, We called the Dorset and they could seat us right away.

We drove 15-20 minutes and when we arrived, were seated within 5 minutes. It was one of the best choices we made the entire weekend getaway.

The food was outstanding, the service equally so and the dining room full of charm, history and quite. While there were other occupied tables everyone was enjoying the quite and ambiance of the room and the wonderful smells of the menu.

There were 4 of us and so everyone had something different from the menu. From appetizer to dessert, wine and coffee and desert, everything was just delicious. Well worth the price at the end of a busy day.

When we are back in the area, we will definitely make this a must stop...

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went to the Dorset Inn for breakfast and were greeted by...nobody...for a while. Then we poked our head into the kitchen and were directed to sit somewhere in the dining room. Oh wait, not that table though, or that one. When we finally sat at an approved table the waitress just seemed less than thrilled to be there and couldn't manage to crack a smile. That being said, my corned beef hash with poached eggs and hollandaise was really good and everyone else at the table seemed content with their breakfast too. Would I have liked another cup of coffee at some point? Yes. Maybe I should have just gone and got it from the kitchen like I watched a few other guests do. Perhaps by the time you try the Dorset Inn for breakfast they'll have found a few more, slightly cheerier am staff. Until then, the door to the kitchen I'd just over there to the left.

1  Thank Anastasia350

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced less than wonderful service from our breakfast staff. I can assure you that we'll share this with our staff. No matter how busy we are, there's always time for a warm welcome and a smile. Our chefs work very hard in creating a real Vermont country breakfast. We make almost everything from scratch and use many local ingredients. The corned hash is the morning favorite. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to serve you again with a smile and a fresh pot of coffee.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This was a meal in the tavern, not the dining room, and the food was appropriate for that. My wife had a lettuce wedge and then portabello mushroom, while I opted for a Mediterranean felafel, which came with lots of salad; so the server warned me not to order salad separately. I had one of their special cocktails, and my wife a gin and tonic and then we shared a half bottle of a very nice cabernet. We also both had dessert--my wife crème brûlée and I some ice cream and coffee. We were both completely pleased with our meals.