This was our second stay at the lovely Barrows House. Last year the room that Richard,the manager, suggested was still under construction so instead he gave us a free upgrade to the Ravens Loft. It was a very rainy three days but we were very cozy in such a unique accommodation. This year our room in Cardinal's Retreat was complete and is beautifully and tastefully decorated, complete with a cushioned window seat. It is perfect for my husband and I who love our privacy. We had a delicious dinner at the Dorset Inn and really looked forward to our breakfasts in the charming breakfast room at the Dorset Inn. The Dorset area really gives you a slice of Vermont life. Richard is so accommodating and gracious in trying to fulfill any requests, including offering suggestions for interesting places to visit. His goal is to offer a perfect Vermont getaway to his guests. We look forward to many return visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barrows House offers 27 guest rooms and suites located in the Main Inn and separate cottages throughout our 6 acre property. Guests can enjoy use of our pool, tennis courts, and outdoor patio dining -- complete with a firepit! Barrows House was recently purchased and the guest rooms and grounds have all been completely updated and renovated. We have transformed the Inn into a quintessential New England Bed & Breakfast. Barrows House maintains the charm of an old Inn while providing guests with modern amenities. Our newly renovated Gastropub boasts an expansive bar, craft beers on draft, an outdoor patio for dining, and nightly specials! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Barrows House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barrows House Hotel Dorset
- Barrows House Dorset, Vermont