All reviews big rigs nice campground fifth wheel hook ups plenty of hot water would stay again enjoyed our stay we've stayed delicious breakfast large sites level sites ice cream socials pull through sites ernie goats brattleboro beverly
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Very Simple, CLEAN and quiet campground.

Based on the new categories KOA is using , this qualifies as a Journey.

That being said, it fits that description perfectly.

This campground is perfect for weekends, stopovers or a basecamp for exploring the area.

The pool is immaculate (could use more furniture, but not necessary), the kids loved the playgrounds, the goats and the ice cream social.

The owners were also very friendly, giving me a history lesson about the campground, dating back to the 30’s.

Very nice KOA

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

This is our second year visiting, and we love this KOA. It’s quiet, welcoming, and the amenities are handy. Ernie and Beverly are always welcoming and friendly, and our kids love the playground. It’s great to be close to home but still at the camp. Will definitely be back (maybe even this year)!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Just a quick overnight stay but it was nice, we enjoyed the trees and the long, gravel pull through campsites. We didn't use any of the facilities but enjoyed our stay and felt safe. Love to be able to walk to the nearby brewery where we ate and enjoyed some live music. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

If you or someone you love are a person with a disability, do not support this business.

The owner, Beverly, informed me that the bathrooms are not physically accessible: there are no grab bars for safety, which is also a benefit for older persons and others; there are not wheelchair accessible bathroom or shower stalls. The owner, Beverly, makes a practice of charging an additional fee to visitors who travel with working service dogs, a blatant violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. When I called to confirm my reservation and asked an additional access question, Beverly informed me that she was going to cancel my reservation because she didn't think she could accommodate me. I then politely informed her about the ADA and service animals. She informed me she would discuss this with her attorney.

In each of our three phone conversations I spoke to Beverly with kindness and the same warm tone that I expected back. I have been a KOA Rewards member for years and have never taken the time to post a review for anything before. This was worth my time.

I then called Susie at the Quechee Pine Valley KOA, a welcoming and accessible destination for me and my service dog. That is where I will be spending my money and my vacation. I also contacted KOA corporate.

Beverly should be ashamed of herself. Ignorance is one thing but her discriminatory actions in this day and age are inexcusable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
BeverlyK1238, Owner at Brattleboro North KOA Journey, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

There can be two sides to a review. This is such an example. When the reservation was first made on the phone there was no mention of disability outside of the service dog. There are many instances where a service dog presents as a emotional support dog and there are no additional needs. It was not until a subsequent phone call that she started asking about hand rails and accessible bathrooms. I told her at that time we may not be able to accommodate her needs and I'll refund all of her deposit which I did. We are a small facility and have investigated accessibility.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This was an in transit stay (1 night), but the campgrounds were very clean with friendly staff and plenty of hot water in the showers. We would recommend this CG for transiting or an extended stay. The pool looked inviting but we did not use it, there is a snack bar and store for purchasing essentials and other items.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple