“A great place to stay!”

WilloBurke Inn & Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 East Burke B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This place is a gem. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and just what we were looking for.
My girlfriend and I and our boxer stayed here for a couple of nights. The inn is five minutes from Burke Mountain. The staff is absolutely outstanding. They were extremely helpful and offered to babysit our dog as well as push our car when it was stuck in the snow. We can't wait to go back perhaps sans puppy this time!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kal K
There are newer reviews for WilloBurke Inn & Lodge

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here for a few days in October. Amazing renovation and great sized rooms. Breakfast was awesome too and we loved lounging by the fireplace. The one thing it could use is a hot tub, but it still earns 5 stars in my opinion! We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank glancingaft
WilloBurke I, Owner at WilloBurke Inn & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank You for your kind review. Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience for our guests, and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again!
Yours Truly,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I feel bad adding some negative comments to these glowing reviews. yes, the owners were very nice and friendly. they have a vision and deserve to succeed. But for me, i found it to be pricey for what it offered. As a guest expect to hear conversations from the room above. Everything is new and a bit austere. i never like art with price tags on it. the breakfast offerings are ok, a breakfast casserole, muffins. you will heat them yourself in microwave on styrofoam plates. the breakfast tables are limited. there is no hair dryer. there was a deck with very little room BUT nice view of stream.
i loved the beautiful cherry furniture in the room and the nice staircase in the lobby. it was very convenient to ski area.

i think i could recommend for convenience . and i realize there is not much available in the area.

Room Tip: suggest a top floor room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Glebegirl
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Charming inn. I stayed for three nights and was impressed by the cleanliness, tasteful accents, nice breakfast and helpful staff. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Location excellent. Would like to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I hesitated a while to write this review, because I'm afraid that when word gets out about how great this place is, I won't be able to get a room. My husband and I had been headed to a different mountain biking destination, and diverted last-minute to East Burke, arriving at 9:30 pm. The office had been closed half an hour, but the proprietor drove down anyway to check us in. Then he called around to local restaurants to find somewhere that would stay open long enough for us to get food. My very particular husband rates the bed "comfiest ever." The continental breakfast is actually an assortment of delicious home-made treats like scones and little quiches, plus fruit, and basics like bagels and cereal. The afternoon cookies and juice were perfect to break up a full day of riding. There's a hose and a bike stand, and a large room where you can work on your bike. The downtown location is central, so we walked to restaurants for dinners and rode daily from the Inn to the trails. The balcony and the yard are nice spots to enjoy a beer after a day riding, although we never actually found the time. Since there's only one mini-fridge in the building, I'd suggest bringing a small cooler if this your plan.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly M

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Willoburke, and appreciate your feedback. We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at the WilloBurke for three night in the Fall of 2013. The accommodations far exceeded our expectations and the staff and owners are wonderful people. The lodge is brand new and the structure is very impressive with the lofted ceilings. The rooms are private, spacious, and super clean. The setting is beautiful and charming and close to restaurants and trails. I can not say enough good things about our stay at the WilloBurke. It was like home away from home for us that's how much we enjoyed our stay. The continental breakfast was so delicious every morning. My husband and I highly recommend the Willoburke and will always have fond memories of our stay and of Vermont. I would like to thank the owners for being so welcoming and fun to chat with. They really go above and beyond to make a wonderful experience for their costumers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a great place with excellent service. Helpful and friendly without being overbearing. The property is awesome, newly renovated with great craftsmanship. We stayed in room 8 which has a small balcony overlooking the back. The room was spacious and comfortable. Left the windows open at night so we could sleep to the babbling stream which made it even better. It's a short walk to the Pub Outback and the Kingdom Trails HQ. Bike to the trails right from the Inn. Big storage room to stow your bikes. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear will be able to hear the stream out back which we considered a bonus
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
WilloBurke I, Owner at WilloBurke Inn & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Alivia Libby, Inn Keeper

#2 of 2 in Saint Johnsbury
The Stepping Stones Inn
The Stepping Stones Inn
#2 of 5 in Lyndonville

Been to WilloBurke Inn & Lodge? Share your experiences!