“Best meal in Town”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

What a cute place! Excellent service and great wine list. I was the unpopular one at the table who ordered liver and onions, but the menu is full of wonderful dishes. The desserts were also delicious. Oh, and the cosmos were perfect....not too much vodka for my taste which was nice.

2  Thank Ychick11

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Excellent Food and Service- one of the best in the area. Extraordinary atmosphere, first-class menu, well prepared and presented - this is an award-winning chef.
My wife loves the rack of lamb, but don't miss the Dover Sole.
Wine list is substantial and complements the dinners perfectly.
Very cozy country setting, ample parking and seating.
Reservations recommended.
The greater Manchester-Dorset area is replete with first-rate restaurants and the Chantecleer is right at the top of that list. If you're in the area this summer, do not miss it.
It's an experience you will remember.

2  Thank moneymaven
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We ate here for valentines day this year and the restaurant was very accomodating as we were traveling from New York and had arrived later than expected. We were welcomed and did not feel rushed at any point. From the stmosphere to the staff to the delicious food...everything was perfect! Highly Recommend

1  Thank SarahFrances7
Reviewed 4 March 2014

When staying in Manchester, we usually eat at The Silver Fork, The Inn At West View Farm, or Mistrals (all wonderful restaurants). I don't know why it has taken us so long to visit Chantecleer Restaurant. The concierge at The Equinox recommended it, and we went this past Presidents' weekend. It was absolutely freezing outside the night we went to Chantecleer, but from the moment we stepped inside, we were warmed by the cozy French country atmosphere and the blazing fire in the huge stone fireplace. Both the maitre d' and the waitress were absolutely lovely. The mixed drinks were very good. My son had the delicious pot stickers as an appetizer, and we each had a great salad that came with the meal. My husband had the red snapper, my son had the wiener schnitzel with spaetzle in a wonderful cream sauce, and I had the mussels. Everything was fantastic. In fact, we were so full and satisfied my husband and I split dessert, the best berries with mascarpone cream I've ever had. I am not sure what my son had, but he enjoyed it and ate the whole thing. We will definitely return to Chantecleer. It is a winner!

1  Thank Deb22204
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've been coming to Stratton mountain for many years and trying out many restaurants within a 20-30 minute radius. Last night my friends and I, (10) people, went to Chantecleer. What an amazing experience we had. From our servers Tammy and Michelle to the unbelievably tasty food we were extremely satisfied. Every single item we ordered was right on point. We had the Caesar salad, the Ahi Tuna sashimi, the Dover sole, the most tasty flounder with capers, white wine and butter I have ever tasted anywhere in the world, the Bocconcini mozzarella cheese and the Matterhorn ice cream dessert. Five stars for Chantecleer. We look forward to returning next year.

1  Thank Morris M