“Small cafe, big favors” 4 of 5 bubbles

Firebird Cafe
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Harwich, Massachusetts
“Small cafe, big favors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just happened to drive by, 6 of us for lunch. Not much seating so gets crowded quickly. Food was delicious, everyone got something different, the tomatillo sauce on the fish tacos was amazing, and the steak and cheese divine.

The only low point - the hot specialty drinks were disappointing... Not hot enough, some drinks were barely even warm, and the chai tea was very watered down, I brought it back twice and finally gave up.

• Visited October 2013

Altamont, New York
“Great little cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Cute little cafe with good homemade food. If you are looking for a casual lunch with good quality (non cookie cutter) food, this is a great spot.

• Visited August 2013
Colchester, VT
“Great food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stopped in here to grab a late lunch just before closing. I hate doing this but they insisted it was okay. I tried the pesto sandwich with the mozzarella and basil I believe, and another turkey sandwich. I cannot remember what exactly but all were delicious. I also took a cup of the daily soup which was a thai inspired coconut basil soup and it was as good as the real thing. The iced tea was fresh and so yummy. I didn't sit but it looks like a cozy atmosphere for a relaxing lunch.

Visited January 2013
Colchester, Vermont
“Great spot for lunch, etc.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have to admit I am stuck on their Philly Cheese Steak. It's out of the box delicious with a bit of a kick. Their sandwiches are also very good but now that I've found that cheese steak I find it difficult to choose anything else.

• Visited September 2013
Waterbury, Vermont
“Excellent Food and Fantastic Service Really Wonderful Eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have been by this establishment many times and I wish I had stopped in sooner.
My wife and daughter and I stopped in today for lunch and I could not believe how good the food was and how nice the staff were. It is a very homey atmosphere and the food was fantastic. I had the chicken taqcos, my wife had the BLC and my daughter had the Persephone. We all loved it. I am so glad we stopped in. We will be going back now that we know what a nice place it is.
You are in for a pleasant treat if you go here.

• Visited September 2013