“Great authentic Turkish food and gracious staff”
Review of Istanbul Kebab House - MOVED

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Turkish food is a true fusion of many different cultures, a collage of different cuisines so to speak. Turkey, geo-physically located as a bridge between Europe and Asia, has been a melting pot of many civilizations since the beginning of history. Once the land of Hittites and the Greeks, it later became the home of the Turks, a nomadic peoples. Therefore, its cuisine is not only a collage of all the cultures that lived in Turkey throughout history, but also a collage of cuisines from all the lands Turks lived before settling in what was then called Asia-Minor. Today's Turkish cuisine is a fusion of Turkic, Ottoman, Greek, Persian, Arabic, Lebanese, and Armenian cooking that can be defined as a true and unique Mediterranean food experience. Turkish food, as most Mediterranean food, relies heavily on appetizers called "mezes" and especially the freshest of ingredients. Although it has many meat specialties, it is predominantly based on fresh vegetables. Therefore, it offers a perfect combination of vegetarian and meat dishes, appealing to a broad spectrum of the eating public.
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I went here for the first time. Not familiar at all with Turkish food. The waiter recommended a smaller sized Meze Platter that had hummus, babaganoush, Turkish salsa spicy :) and stuffed grape leaves and a type of red cabbage salad. It was served with hot lavash bread. Everything was fresh and made with obvious attention to detail. It really amazingly delicious. I enjoyed a serving of hot Turkish tea that was simple but quite comforting and pleasant. My husband had a Mixed Vegetable Guvec which was a lovely stew and served in a very hot earthenware casserole dish on a wood platter. It came with Turkish rice which was sort of tasted in between rice and cous cous (which I don't care for) but this was so unusual and tasty and perfect. I had kebab made with chicken and Halloumi. I've never had Halloumi but it was also very good. I preferred my husband's entrée but mine was appetizing.
We will definitely go back and I am looking forward to it. My husband isn't as adventurous as I am with ethnic food but he gave it an A+.
Such lovely staff. I was pleased to see that it was busy. It was authentic and well prepared food.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I had the pleasure of eating here last night with my mom for the first time. The food was amazing!
We ordered the meze platter. The grape leaves have a very distinct flavor of cinnamon. Delicious!
We shared a kabob plate for 2 which included veal, beef, and chicken. Service is great, and the atmosphere is really comfortable and different. I will be coming back!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The food here is wonderful, and that is matched by the customer service you will receive from Vural and his staff. I have eaten here many times and it has always been an adventure. Start with the meze platter and ask your server for recommendations based on your preferences. They could not be more helpful. The Turkish wines are a delight. Call for reservations Friday and Saturday night. It's that good!

IstanbulKebabHouse, Owner at Istanbul Kebab House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Review Response:

Thank you so much for dining with us and supporting our small business! Our family is very happy to share our cuisine and culture with you. Your kind words are what keeps us going every day! See you again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I are always willing to try restaurants that serve ethnic foods. We were not disappointed.

My wife had a shrimp casserole and I had the lamb kabob. The sauce and spices brought out an excellent taste, but were not over the top…just right.

You can see the attention to detail from the table settings, to selection of Turkish wine, to the quick and friendly service and great prices.

Our meals were both visually appealing and delicious.

During dinner, our discussions were around, this being our new most favorite restaurant in the area. We will be back very soon.

IstanbulKebabHouse, Owner at Istanbul Kebab House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Reviewed 22 October 2013

What a surprise! Authentic and truly great flavors. A little spot in a hidden place and what a surprise. The owners are so genuine and the food is incredile. From the grape leaves to the lavish bread, it's all good. The lamb kibobs are to die for. Be careful ofnthe baklavar, it's too good!