“Aweime beer selection!”

Dining options: After-hours
Essex, Vermont
“Aweime beer selection!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Chris rocks! He is the bartender who picks the beers! Always a great selection and lotsmof options. The foodmis good and the staff is awesome! Worth a visit for a relaxing time!

Visited September 2013

New England
“Love Cody's and love the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We've eaten at Cody's many times and always love it. Whether it's the chili in bowl with the kids, their wonderful chicken wings or my favorite, the Buffalo Chicken, it's never disappointed us - ever. The biggest problem I have with Cody's is deciding what to order, good thing for me is that there is plenty of choices!

On our most recent visit our party of 4 was seated promptly and our meals were super quick, not to mention delicious! The staff was attentive, polite and eager to help with any request.
I just wish we lived closer!

• Visited August 2013
Montpelier, Vermont
“Rude staff and unfairly enforced policies”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I met my dad at this place yesterday for a nice dinner and to take the chance to catch up on family happenings, things did not exactly work out as planned.

The food is ok, but their seating policy is terrible and poorly enforced. Upon arriving at the restaurant we had asked for a booth and were informed that the booths were available for parties of three or more, and three out of the five or six booths were empty! We were then squished into a small table right next to the bar, where we had waiters, waitresses and patrons hovering over our food and our tables. To make matters worse there was another table pushed against the one that we were seated at and they seated another couple at that table shortly after we arrived. So we spent the entire dinner seated with another couple who we did not know and were forced to talk over their conversations. Just as we were packing up our things to leave from this horrendous situation another couple walks into the restaurant asks for a table for two and promptly is seated at a booth, by the very same host who informed us of their booth policy.

A lover of Irish Pubs myself, I have been to a most of the great ones and not so good ones in New England, Atlantic Canada, and Newfoundland. An Irish pub is not just about Irish nick knacks, it is about having a place where the community can come together, enjoy good drink and food in comfort. I would place this as easily the worst one I have ever been to. Decor is roughly on par with the McDonalds around the corner, or the typical take out place in a strip mall. This was such a terrible experience it completely ruined what otherwise may have been a nice time. Needless to say I am never going back. They are not the only option in the area and will choose to exercise the other options when looking for a place to eat and drink in the area.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Scarlet_Be
Saint Albans, Vermont
“Average food, worse service”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

It was a disappointing experience for four of us. Took a long time to get served and longer to get only average food. Would think twice about trying this place again.

Visited March 2013
Essex, Vermont
“Service turned us off”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

When we went to Cody's we were offended by the rudeness of the waitress. She was short with us and acted like we were putting her out by asking for stuff.

• Visited August 2012