“Our visit was just so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Mediterano

Cafe Mediterano
Ranked #17 of 69 Restaurants in Essex
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Saint Albans, Vermont
“Our visit was just so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

You don't come to this place for the atmosphere, it's just not there. Torn seat cushions, kinda cramped, and cafe style seating adjacent to the noise and fumes off the main drag. Food is also middling. Greek Salad was iceberg lettuce-tastic and stingy on everything else. Panini of the house was decent. Baklava was a disappointing and soggy. We tried this as a Living Social deal so didn't overpay, but we wouldn't bother coming back at full fare price.

• Visited April 2012

“Not impressed, sadly. I love mediterranean food. I wont go back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Not bad but not great, everything is so so. I ordered a salad and they left off half the items the menu stated it came with. I asked for the items and got a little slack and they still didnt give them all to me. Nothing I experienced here will make me return.

Rutland, Vermont
“The best gyros I've had anywhere in New England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

The quality of the meat, the bread and the sauce are of the highest quality and results in a taste that will leave you looking forward to your return visit. Prices are extremely reasonable especially considering the quality of the ingredients. You will not be disappointed - It is only about a 5 to 10 minute drive from Interstate 89 (Exit 12, then route 2A to Essex Jct.)

• Visited May 2011
Vermont
“Yum! Tasty food. We got, and I recommend...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

Yum! Tasty food. We got, and I recommend, the "mixed grill for two". It was more than enough food -- we had a full serving leftover. Now that I think about it, we could have used one more pita to go with the leftovers. Without a pita, the leftover meat is great with rice or would be terrific in an omelete.

Woodstock
“Best eats in new England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2009

My husband and I discovered the jewel abiout two years ago. We ,oved away in december of 2007 and I am pleased to say WE ARE BACK in VT. Our first scheduled trip is to Cafe Mediterano. The mediterano sandwich ( smoed beef and cheese pressed on a pannini grill )...OMG OMG OMG OMG....I cannot describe the texture/flavor! THE BEST SANDWICH IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!! BAR NONE! Go there now! You will not be sorry. GO...NOW!...WHY are you still reading...go eat! You have my word that you will not be disappointed.