“Home Away From Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fair Haven
Haven Guest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Fair Haven B&B and Inns
Griffith, Indiana
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My wife and I decided to travel East to visit an old Navy buddy of mine that lives in Whitehall, New York, whom I hadn't seen since 1970, so I called him and asked for a recommendation about a place to stay. He and his friends all said that Haven Guest House in Fair Haven, Vermont was the best place to stay in their area. Upon arrival we found that the Haven Guest House was even more beautiful than any of the pictures that I had seen posted on the internet. Upon arrival Werner insisted on carrying our luggage from our car up to our room. We had booked the Apple Blossom Room because it is the biggest room and has a King-sized bed. It is a spacious room with a large bathroom and a view of the gardens and fish pond in the back yard. We stayed with Gisela and Werner for seven days and six nights and within two days we started referring to the Haven Guest House B&B as home. Each evening guests are given a breakfast menu and can choose from a variety of delicious options that are made to order and served in a beautifully decorated dining room. Gisela bakes all of her own breads and serves something slightly different every day. Our time at Haven Guest House ended all too soon and we were saddened by the fact that we had to leave. My wife and I have stayed at a number of B&B's over the years but none of them can compare with Haven Guest House. We enjoyed traveling through the Vermont countryside and visited many interesting places ranging from Danforth Pewter and Fort Ticonderoga to the North,
to Robert Lincolns Home and the Vermont Country Store to the South. No matter where we were we always said the same thing at the end of the day, "lets go home". I highly recommend Haven Guest House to anyone who wants a really nice place to stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. The only choice to be made is whether you prefer twin beds, a king size...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tilbury, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is a must stop on your travels in Vermont! The hosts, Gisela and Werner, are warm and welcoming to ensure your stay is perfect. Elegant rooms and wonderful breakfast menu with lovely fountain pond in the shaded backyard or an easy chair on the beautiful front porch make this a romantic getaway or just a getaway from it all. Beautifully restored mansion with attention to detail and the guest's preferences will make you want to extend your stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
DC
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We also chose to stay at Haven Guest House based on Trip Advisor reviews. We could not have been happier. We were in the area to pick up our son at a camp at Green Mountain College in Poultney, and the stay proved to be very convenient.

When we arrived, we received a warm welcome from Gisela and Werner. We arrived during a heat wave, and Gisela had thoughtfully started the air conditioning in our room before our arrival. The house is beautiful and beyond immaculate! The rooms are interesting, and I was quite fond of our room (I believe it was the Apple Blossom room with the king-sized bed).

Although we didn't have much time during our stay, it was very nice to relax in our room. The bed was unusually comfortable, and we had a very restful night.

As noted by others, we had a menu from which we made choices for breakfast for the following morning. The breakfast choices were very good, and my husband and I shared entrees. The omelet was made with local eggs and from herbs grown in the backyard. The breakfast consisted of several courses and very good coffee! It was served promptly at the time we requested.

Gisela and Werner did an outstanding job of being attentive without hovering. It was a perfect mix for us. I only wish that we had been able to stay longer. If we end up going back next summer, I would definitely stay again.

I wish that I could find something negative to say about the stay to show that I am not sugarcoating the stay, but I just can't think of a single thing that could be improved. The smallest touches were considered (soda and water for guests in the refrigerator upstairs as an example). The setting and the hosts were truly lovely!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The moment my daughter and I stepped into Haven Guest B & B, we were pleasantly greeted by Gisela and Werner who made us feel immediately welcome. We felt like we were entering a friend's home and they were happy to see us! This beautifully restored home is perfect in every way. Our room with the twin beds was as comfortable as could be, clean and charming, with a new bathroom and all the amenities of home. We opened the windows during the night and woke up to the sound of the fountain from the pond and the birds outside. We went to the Lakehouse Pub and Grille overlooking Lake Bomoseen, only a short drive away. A perfect choice for dinner! Amazing views! The complete breakfast was such a treat! Delicious homemade scones and bread with fresh berries and omelets or pancakes and New England coffee. Can't get better than that! Thank you for a wonderful stay on our way up to Salisbury. Hope to see you again, such wonderful hospitality!

Room Tip: no pool or fitness but a lovely garden, pond, and porch to relax
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Newton
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Chose this place based on Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. The room was very nice, immaculate, very comfortable bed. Breakfast was also excellent and I especially liked being able to make some choices from a menu provided the night before. The owners were very nice. We would be very happy to stay here again if we are in the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Many thanks to the Baumann's for their hospitality. Their lovely home is immaculate and my friends and I found each room to be interesting, attractive and comfortable. Gisela and Werner lavished attention on every detail and managed to accommodate our needs without being in the slightest intrusive. The breakfast was beautiful and delicious. Visions of Werner's homemade sausage and Gisela's lovingly made breads and jams have me hunting around for an excuse to return.

Room Tip: While some might prefer an inn situated outside of town, the many wonderful attributes of the Haven...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Williamsville, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The house was conveniently located. It was easy to get a hold of the owners to make reservations. The owners were so kind and welcoming. The beautiful house could not have been cleaner. Every need was considered and offered. Oh! What a delightful breakfast!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
#7 of 12 in Rutland
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area

Been to Haven Guest House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!