“Great stay exceeded our expectations”

The Inn At Grace Farm B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Fairfax B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2012

First impressions -- I am in love with this home! I have found that, more often than not, hotels and other lodging places have their slickly-produced marketing photos available online, but what you see when you arrive is much different. The Inn at Grace Farm looks even better in person than it does in its online photos. When we drove up, I was so pleasantly surprised at the beauty of the Inn from both the street and inside. I was so impressed at the cleanliness and the unique decor. The Inn is fresh, simple, clean, cozy, and welcoming. This Inn was truly modern and wonderfully historic at the same time.

Innkeepers -- The innkeepers were so knowledgeable and helpful. They care about their home/Inn and about the comfort of their guests and their guests' total experience. Their reservation procedure was easy, and they responded quickly to my questions.

Outside/area -- The views are breath-taking. Looking across the street was like looking at a painting. We saw deer frolicking in the field with the mountains behind them and two ponies grazing in the front yard.

Originally, we were concerned about the distance from UVM, where we visited our family member. The expressway was convenient, and the drive gave us a different experience from that of the Burlington college area. It took us only about 20-25 minutes to get there. The drive was so picturesque, that it seemed shorter. Given that we had only 48 hours in the area, I would love for this beautiful Inn to have been closer to UVM. It is perfect for its surroundings, though. The location is part of the charm of this property.

Inside -- This place is clean! This was the most important consideration for me when deciding where to stay. I was not disappointed in the Inn at Grace Farm. The public areas, guest room, and bathroom were welcoming, clean and comfortable. Our room, though the smallest room there, was very roomy and large enough for us and all our bags. A rocking chair and a larger flat panel TV in our room, too. The Inn is a health-conscious, "green" inn. The bathroom was clean and stocked with organic Vermont hand soap and other nice toiletries in the shower. Thick towels and a very comfy mattress, too! I am always hot at night and it was hot outside. While I would love to have had air conditioning, I was glad the room had a fan and a nice window.

My favorite breakfast item was the baked berry and dumpling dish. There were very good coffees and teas available at all times, too.

There appeared to be guests of a wide age range staying while we were there. Innkeeper Liz helped guests make plans for their days. She is extremely knowledgeable about the area, its sights and activities. There was a selection of tourist brochures, magazines, and books for our reference, also. We enjoyed sitting on the cushy couch in the common room drinking coffee and tea while reading through some of them.

We will definitely go back! This Inn far exceeded my expectations. I appreciated the request for shoes off and quiet times, so that I could sleep well at night, in order to fully-enjoy my Vermont days. Liz and Jason have cared for their Inn and it shows. They provded wonderful accommodations and outstanding hospitality. Looking forward to another visit....soon.

Room Tip: The Inn was quiet, but upstairs rooms might be a only bit quieter. Each room we looked at seemed to...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2011

we arrived after dark to the Inn and got a plesent welcome. The place is beautiful inside and outside. Great atmosphere

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I planned this trip for my sister and myself for several months. After much research on where to stay, I chose The Inn at Grace Farm B&B. We almost canceled our trip because we were arriving about 12 days after Hurricane Irene devastated many parts of VT...but my sister said we should still go. Liz is an amazing woman, hostess, cook, baker, and now friend. The Inn is immaculate, the food is outstanding, and Liz helped us find out if our destinations were safe or not due to the flooding. We spent a couple of mornings sitting around the table drinking coffee and chatting with Liz which made us feel like we were at home. Our room had a beautiful view, the beds were extremely comfortable, and there was great attention to detail in guest comfort.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2011

What an inn and what a spot. The inn is comfortable and well decorated - and not overly so I might add. It is well run and clean. Liz made us feel at home and welcome and she made a great breakfast. We spent some time exploring some incredible waterfalls and swimming holes that Jason gave us directions to. We couldn't imagine a better time. We wish them success. Vermont needs more inns like this one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

The Inn at Grace farm is such a find! This little B&B is a perfect getaway from the city. Its close enough to Burlington that you can drive to it in 20-30 minutes, but far enough away from everything else that you can really relax and enjoy your vacation.

We stayed in the Willoubghy Room which was spacious and wonderful! Comfortable bed, has a futon as well, nice bathroom, and a beautiful view of the mountains out the window. The breakfast was delicious and we will definitely be going back there!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NickandAnnaT
Reviewed 2 December 2010

This B&B is FABULOUS. Great Breakfast, we tried everything. The decor of the room was contemporary very surprising, when i think of a B&B i picture flowery wallpaper and doilies. I enjoyed the silkies they had for pets and found it very relaxing sitting outside and marveling at the mountain views. The Hostess was very helpful gave us plenty of recommendations.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AO_DC
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This inn is an excellent choice for a place that has charming decor, wonderful hosts, and a beautiful setting. The rooms are spacious, very comfortable, and extremely well maintained. Breakfast is delicious. Your hosts, the owners, are the most delightful folks and go out of their way to be of service in every way possible.

We had a wonderful stay and would certainly return again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeboDebo_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfax
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Albans
#1 of 1 in Saint Albans
North Hero House
North Hero House
#1 of 2 in North Hero

Been to The Inn At Grace Farm B&B? Share your experiences!