“Slept like a baby”

The Inn At Grace Farm B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Fairfax B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This was our second stay at the Inn at Grace Farm. It has been a year since our first stay, and the Inn looks as clean and lovely as it did the first time. Liz and Jason take good care of the Inn. It is comfortable and spacious. The beds are so comfortable (mattress and linens) that I slept like a baby. Then, to wake up and look out the window at the mountains across the street! The Inn gives a spectacular view of the Vermont mountains. We saw wild turkeys in the field across the street and ponies that grazed in front of the Inn.

This stay was in the Mansfield room. The room is very large. There is a futon and a small table in the room, as well, but there certainly was more than enough room for all the furnishings. Thick towels and nice soaps/shampoos completed the bathroom. Previously, we stayed in the Swift Brook room. It was smaller, but with the same quality and attention to detail as this larger room. I was happy to have WiFi in the room and a great TV, too.

Liz put out a nice breakfast in the morning. She is so kind and accommodating. I would not hesitate to recommend the Inn at Grace Farm. Liz and Jason know the area well, and make great suggestions for dining and other activities. Jason has even written a book about the swimming holes in Vermont. I plan to pick that up the next time we visit.

The Inn at Grace Farm is a wonderful place to stay and to sleep. It is well-kept and run by caring people. The Inn is easy to find off the highway and it is just far enough out of Burlington. The location provides spectacular views of Vermont.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. Rooms in the front of the Inn will have a view of the mountains across the str...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joyousmoments

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We really liked it here! The rooms are clean, the decor is exquisite, and the location is PERFECT. A little out of the way, so you're not "in town" with traffic and bustle, but not so far as to be inconvenient. Liz really knows the area well, and made some fine recommendations for dinner. We drove to Burlington for one night (about 25 minutes south) and to St. Albans the next night (about 15 minutes north). The Inn is located on Highbridge Road, which is relatively quiet at night and we got some very sound sleep. It's also close to Lake Champlain, and not far from the main highway. The only reason I didn't give this a full five stars is that the showers have a seriously tight water saving feature installed, and I find showering under a trickle of water annoying. Otherwise, this is a lovely place in a perfect setting! We especially loved the chickens pecking the yard just outside our window, and the horses grazing the front yard in the early morning hours. If we ever travel through Northern Vermont again, we'll definitely come back here!

Room Tip: The Hazelnut room is the only one located downstairs, and it is the most convenient if you have heav...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kristine P
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The exterior of the Inn is stunning, but the interior was a little impersonal, with signs urging us to remove our shoes just inside the door and no real 'hang out' common area. The rooms are huge with good quality beds, but very thin walls, so one hears everything going on. Spotty wifi service. Also a bit far from restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank margo b
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Jason and Liz are gracious hosts and the place is just charming. Far enough out so we didn't have to deal with "move in" weekend at U of Vermont but still located within an easy drive to Burlington, Stowe, Mt. Mansfield, etc. Very quiet and it is remarkable to see the work that they put into this B & B. Liz always had great suggestions on places to eat and Jason clued us into the many waterfalls in the area. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: No A/C in the rooms and we happened to stay there over 4 days where the temperature was much higher...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChicagoJohn46
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Just a great place to stay. Looks just like the pictures and the view out the front door is of an amazing mountain range. Rooms were great. It's only about 25min out of Burlington and in a beautiful part of Vermont. Prices were reasonable and the best breakfast we had on our trip is served here by Liz. We had some incredible egg dishes, muffins, fruit and more and it was all delicious. I would highly recommend this place and will stay here again if/when I go back to VT.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Willoughby and loved it. Only negative is there is no A/C so with our stay being i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chichitao
Reviewed 22 June 2012

First impressions -- I am in love with this home! I have found that, more often than not, hotels and other lodging places have their slickly-produced marketing photos available online, but what you see when you arrive is much different. The Inn at Grace Farm looks even better in person than it does in its online photos. When we drove up, I was so pleasantly surprised at the beauty of the Inn from both the street and inside. I was so impressed at the cleanliness and the unique decor. The Inn is fresh, simple, clean, cozy, and welcoming. This Inn was truly modern and wonderfully historic at the same time.

Innkeepers -- The innkeepers were so knowledgeable and helpful. They care about their home/Inn and about the comfort of their guests and their guests' total experience. Their reservation procedure was easy, and they responded quickly to my questions.

Outside/area -- The views are breath-taking. Looking across the street was like looking at a painting. We saw deer frolicking in the field with the mountains behind them and two ponies grazing in the front yard.

Originally, we were concerned about the distance from UVM, where we visited our family member. The expressway was convenient, and the drive gave us a different experience from that of the Burlington college area. It took us only about 20-25 minutes to get there. The drive was so picturesque, that it seemed shorter. Given that we had only 48 hours in the area, I would love for this beautiful Inn to have been closer to UVM. It is perfect for its surroundings, though. The location is part of the charm of this property.

Inside -- This place is clean! This was the most important consideration for me when deciding where to stay. I was not disappointed in the Inn at Grace Farm. The public areas, guest room, and bathroom were welcoming, clean and comfortable. Our room, though the smallest room there, was very roomy and large enough for us and all our bags. A rocking chair and a larger flat panel TV in our room, too. The Inn is a health-conscious, "green" inn. The bathroom was clean and stocked with organic Vermont hand soap and other nice toiletries in the shower. Thick towels and a very comfy mattress, too! I am always hot at night and it was hot outside. While I would love to have had air conditioning, I was glad the room had a fan and a nice window.

My favorite breakfast item was the baked berry and dumpling dish. There were very good coffees and teas available at all times, too.

There appeared to be guests of a wide age range staying while we were there. Innkeeper Liz helped guests make plans for their days. She is extremely knowledgeable about the area, its sights and activities. There was a selection of tourist brochures, magazines, and books for our reference, also. We enjoyed sitting on the cushy couch in the common room drinking coffee and tea while reading through some of them.

We will definitely go back! This Inn far exceeded my expectations. I appreciated the request for shoes off and quiet times, so that I could sleep well at night, in order to fully-enjoy my Vermont days. Liz and Jason have cared for their Inn and it shows. They provded wonderful accommodations and outstanding hospitality. Looking forward to another visit....soon.

Room Tip: The Inn was quiet, but upstairs rooms might be a only bit quieter. Each room we looked at seemed to...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

we arrived after dark to the Inn and got a plesent welcome. The place is beautiful inside and outside. Great atmosphere

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to The Inn At Grace Farm B&B? Share your experiences!