“Great Place for Families”
Review of Lake Morey Resort

Lake Morey Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Fairlee B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Place for Families”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We loved our time here! We found Lake Morey Resort on a Google search and noticed that each review had a response from the owner (that showed us that they cared) and we were not disappointed. Our room was clean, quiet and had an amazing view of the lake (I recommend getting a lake view room if available). The resort offered many family activities (if you choose not to golf)...bicycles, kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, swimming in the lake to the floating platform, in-door heated pool & hot-tub, camp-fires w/ Smores :) and a professional story teller, guided hikes (and guided kayak/canoe tours) with the owner's wife Lisa, nightly movies in their movie theater (kids movie at 7, adults movie at 9), ping-pong, billiards, yoga, water balloon toss, Wii Dance-off, renovated gym...all included with your room charge! For an extra fee you can rent 30 or 60 minute blocks on a ski-boat (tubing, wake-boarding, or water skiing)...comes with a driver (we had Ken who was awesome and hilarious...absolutely loves his job!!). Can also pay extra for an evening pontoon boat ride. My wife got a massage at the spa and loved it. She said the spa was beautifully renovated. The resort offers all meals and you can include b-fast/dinner in your room rate. We decided not to do that because the meals were a little more than we wanted to pay, but we did have lunch and dinner there and the food was excellent!! For our meals we ate breakfast in our room (cereal...they put a mini-fridge in our room on request) and ate dinner out in the local area.
Sorry for the long review...overall great experience and would definitely do it again! Thanks again to Lisa and crew at Lake Morey for such a fun time!

Room Tip: Recommend lake view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MarkNicole
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Your'e Hired- Christine will welcome you with open arms in Marketing! My wife told me she brought your family poison ivy soap following your hike to wash its toxins before an outbreak. I bet she neglected to tell you I just had a head to toe outbreak and she brought me a whole lot of laughter.

We are thrilled you had a great stay, enjoy the rest of the summer.

Best,

Mark Avery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Stratham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times mainly because there isn't something better close to our daughters camp. I really can't stand it anymore. The rooms are tired; they're never really clean (today there was blood on my comforter and the bathroom counters hadn't been cleaned) and the walls are paper thin- I cannot sleep when we stay here due to the noise. The pool is disgusting. The dining is subpar and way overpriced so we drive 40 minutes north or south for a good meal. The lobby and halls smell like chlorine and mildew. These people are arrogant and obviously feel they can get away with it because of the lake- which is beautiful. After 4 years of this insult we've got to get a new place! Maybe we should just stay in Quechee since we eat there anyway! Stay away.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank DeedeeLaw
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Please let us know of these issues while you are here- particularly of your housekeeping issues. I don't believe I have ever disagreed with any reviewer on trip advisor, but I can assure you not I nor any of our staff would ever act in an arrogant manner and use the lake as our salvation. We are certainly not perfect, but our level of gratitude for all that come through these doors has always been, and will always be nothing but appreciative.
I truly feel guilty for having charged you any funds to stay here based on your level of satisfaction; please contact us anytime and I will gladly grant you a full refund from your recent stay.

Grantham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We have been to Lake Morey resort several times and are always very pleased. My favorite thing about Lake Morey Resort is the options of family activities. Our teenager can relax and get a spa, while our little one can play in the water or go to the children's program (which is so cool she ASKS to go!). My husband golfs and I can catch up on some reading, lakeside. The family fun continues into the night with family activities offered in there Steam Boat Lounge.This year we went for the July 4th weekend. The resort joins in with the towns celebration of July 4th with a float. The children (if they choose) can join in on the fun with face painting and crafts. They also can ride the float. This is a HUGE highlight of the trip for our 8 year old. The town offers a wonderful fire work display which is just amazing to watch from your private balcony in their terrace rooms :) I would definitely recommend this as a fun filled family resort for all ages!

Room Tip: The terrace rooms are so AMAZING. They have private balconies :)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JandPFamily
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
So I'm brainstorming possibilities for the float next year- maybe the Ghostbusters mobile? I try not to 'bug' our master float builder too early- I will try to give him a couple months reprieve from my incessant ideas. But July 4th is definetely one of the many highlights of summer.

See you around,

New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I live in NH and was looking for a place where my husband and I could spend some time with relatives visiting from VA and, fortunately, I chose Lake Morey Resort. I feel that some of the reviews of this resort do not do it justice and I am glad that I did not let those reviews steer me away. We were not able to book lake view rooms because we wanted rooms next to one another and only garden view rooms were available, but the rooms were clean, spacious, bright, quiet and comfortable, so were were more than satisfied. We would have preferred a king bed to the double beds, but that was no big deal. The staff was pleasant and helpful and the grounds of the resort are very well maintained. Even if we had not liked everything else about the resort as much as we did, the lake would have won us over anyway! The view is beautiful, the water warm and the free canoes, kayaks and paddle boards are great fun. If the weather is not cooperating, there is plenty to do inside as well, including entertainment in the lounge at night. The guests while we were there ranged in age from toddlers to septuagenarians or beyond and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves as much as we were. It seems that many guests return annually to reunite with family and friends and we plan to do the same next summer ourselves.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cats1
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Yes we do have a large contingent of family reunions spending a few days here at Lake Morey reconnecting. It is certainly our goal to ensure all guests experience the joys of Lake Morey. Thanks for the review, and we'll see you next summer.

Enjoy,

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Hello Lake Morey Resort,
Don & I want to thank all the staff involved who helped to make our very first trip to Vermont Aug 2 thru 4 an electricfying experiance :). We drove over 1000 elelctric miles to do a Mount Washingtin Climb for the weekend. We cannot say enough for the graciousness everyone showed us!
We shared with all our friends, that joined us for the Sunset Climb, what a wonderful experience we had at Lake Morey. The Resort not only has a sweet charm of the mountains but the rooms are clean and the food is great. This resort is super friendly to all the electric car peeps! Its plug is located at a garage on the property and the perfect location when driving from PA to Vermont or further. We will most definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Angel21125
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
It was very nice meeting you, and thanks for answering my many Tesla questions. Hopefully by the time of your next arrival there will be expanded supercharging networks in our neck of the woods. But in the meantime, our juice will always be complimentary for all electrical owners.

Cheers,

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Beautiful views from the room over Lake Morey.
Service at reception was good and helpful. The rooms are a bit old, but big and with good space. Noisy air conditioning. Decoration reminds me the 80's but, one very important thing... everything works!
Breakfast buffet was average but, again... it works.
Not a fancy Hotel but if you need a place to stay in the area it is definitely thy place.
I didn't come to play golf.
I've seen some customers saying is an over rated Hotel and I probably agree but.... I will return!.

Room Tip: Don't miss the ones with lake views!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thanks for your overall feedback. What I would love is some more individualized description. For example, last year I received feedback about the age of our televisions, the quality of our guest room doors, and our key card system. So our capital projects last year included replacing/updating these precise items.
Each Winter we invest our resources to continually maintain the Resort. The projects we choose are a result from direct feedback from our Guests. Descritive feedback results in immediate change as this Resort is for all the public; I am simply a steward maintaining the ship.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

For the past several summers, we’ve spent a few days at Lake Morey Resort as part of Parent's Weekend at a local camp. We are very pleased with the accommodations and it is a great place to relax after a full-day of visiting the kids at camp. You can swim in the lake or take out one of the free boats or canoes. I’d recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jillbsmith1
Mark A, Owner at Lake Morey Resort, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thanks for the recommendation. Please be aware next year's (2014) camp weekend is very close to full occupancy so please book early.

Hope to see you again,

Mark Avery
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairlee
The Lyme Inn
Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Lake Morey Resort? Share your experiences!