“It's cheese!!!”

167 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“It's cheese!!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

How can you not love cheese? We were driving by and had to check them out and were not disappointed. You can sample several varieties of flavors, and they sell many more. You can also peak into where they make the cheese, which is neat to see. On days when they aren't producing, they have signs that explain the process and a video being shown. If you like cheese, it's worth the stop. The staff is friendly and you can buy varieties you can't find elsewhere. We picked up a nice sheep's milk cheese, and a sharp cheddar, both are very good!

Visited March 2014

85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Awesome place to stop, rest and taste some cheese”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stopped here while driving to Stowe from NYC. The cheese is great and you can watch the factory operating (when in operation). The staff is very friendly and they tried to explain what is what and so on. It's a good place to pick up some local specialities.

Visited December 2013
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great cheese, but nothing *too* special; no new variety in retail shop”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I am a big-big-big lover of cheese. I do love the cheeses that Grafton Village Cheese has to offer. I, however, was *only* mildly disappointed that... I had already tried 90%+ of the cheeses that are available. I expected that there would potentially be some more specialty items, but there was really nothing that I could not get at various cheese shops local to me, or even Whole Foods' cheese department. I only visited the retail store as it was about a 20 second walk, right across the street, from one of the guest houses of the Grafton Inn (which is where I was staying). The staff was friendly and seemed enthusiastic that I was already familiar with the cheese. One thing that I loved was that they had 4oz wax-covered blocks of cheese. Perfect to share and not too much (I had only seen this size there in Vermont at the Brattleboro Food Co-op prior to seeing it at the retail store). I personally think the prices are reasonable (though I pay the same amount anywhere local to me in RI); I also found the selection of cheese to be less expensive at the Co-op (to the tune of more than $2 for an 8oz block or wheel). I did leave with some of the Garlic (this one is increasingly more difficult for me to find) and the Sage (one of the only ones I'd not tried). Delicious! They also had maple candies (though made with corn syrup and whatnot... why not just maple syrup!? It's Vermont!), microbrews in a fridge, a selection of Vermont Creamery cheeses, jams, etc. As a lover of their cheeses, I'm glad I stopped in (how could I not? it was so close, I could see it from my window!), but I would probably not go out of my way to visit the Grafton retail store again. If I was in the area, absolutely! Delicious cheese and fun to see, but if you are experienced with the cheeses, you may feel slightly disappointed in the variety.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank MaBoogins
Brighton, Colorado, United States
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Quaint village, big business”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had a wonderful time driving here to buy what is reputed to be one of the finest cheeses in Vermont. The cheese store is small, and a stop for busloads of tourists. We wanted to buy cheese and maple syrup and were delighted with what we found, especially the 4 year aged cheddar.

Visited October 2013
Reggio Emilia, Italy
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Home of Cheddar.”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The store specializes in the trade of typical cheese Grafton, very popular in New England. The cheese is available in various types, the most known are aged 1,2 and 3 years. There are also, although less common, the aged 4 and 5 years.
Al cheeses can be tasted for free.
I found that the aged 3 and 4 are the best and worth the price, which is quite high. In the shop I also bought Amber B maple syrup, a little pricey but very good. Since the shop communicates with a coffee shop, I would recommend if you are with friends to buy a piece of aged Cheddar in the store, then go to the coffee shop and order a nice amber beer of Vermont!

Visited September 2013