“Incredible food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: reviewed in NYTimes
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Were there 3 times in 3 days! Better than any restaurant Boston offers. The incredibly beautiful ingredients were prepared in the most amazingly tasteful ways. And we tried many items over three visits. Thrilled with every choice. Wish this place and it's people great success. Wish we could get one of these near us! Will add that Hardwick and it's region are breathtakingly wonderful.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have always enjoyed Claire's, but with the new chef Harrison Littell the experience is so much better. I have been several times since the change over and the food honestly does get better and better. We had a wonderful watermelon/tomato salad with a beet vinaigrette, an amazing combination of flavors. You can not go wrong with the poutine. The spiced nuts are a great starter. Any of the supper dishes are fabulous, a summer favorite is the asparagus and lemon ravioli. You also have to get desert. Even if you just split it. Any of the baked fruit dishes are my favorite and are served in charming little mason jars. One more thing....get a cocktail. They are delicious and very reasonably priced.

2  Thank VT-transplant
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Had dinner there Saturday night and enjoyed a tasty pork belly. Yummy! Small but satifying portion which allowed me to go for the dessert of the day - a lovely blueberry tiramisu. I love the fresh, clean decor and unpretentious feel of this place and wish it was closer to where I live!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I am a recent re-convert to Claire's. To test the qualities of the new chef, we went as a couple and thoroughly enjoyed a mid-week dinner. The chardakopita was so good I wanted to cancel my entree and have more appetizers, but the trout in brown butter was so good it reminded me of cooking my catch on a sunny summer streamside. The pork belly with polenta was richly savory, well suited to a cool evening at any time of year.

Our next visit was as part of a party of nine, most of whom had never been to Claire's being visitors from the Boston area. From drinks to starters through the entrees and dessert, everyone raved about how much they enjoyed the entire experience.

So, there's really just one thing to say about Claire's: "They're back!!"

2  Thank NekVTster
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a wonderful meal in this most charming restaurant. The service was outstanding. One of us had asked for vegan option, which was not on the menu, and the chef came out to describe what he would prepare. Both the presentation as well as the dinner were amazing. The other meals were equally good and attractively presented. I would definitely return on my next visit to the area.

1  Thank gastro44