“I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream!!!”

Route 4 Country Store
Ranked #18 of 53 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Route 4 Country Store Deli & Bar-B-Que offers Fabulous Food, served Fresh, Fast and Friendly! Our large BBQ Smoker is out front on Route 4, just after you exit at I-89. We have a Boars Head(tm) Deli menu, Bar-B-Que, Ice Cream, Beer/Wine and basic groceries. A main feature here is Vermont Chocolatiers, with some chocolate tempered inside the store and handmade fresh! We are EZ to get to ..Just off Vermont I-89 Exit #1 going North or South. Also close to the I-91 N or S interchange with I-89. Call us from the road to have anything ready for you and your group.
Lauderhill, Florida
“I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream!!!”
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

If the aroma from the BBQ doesn't get you into this place, their ice cream will!!! So many choices and each flavor is delectable!! The servings are extremely generous so be careful in ordering a large...your eyes will pop out (as will your stomach)!! My favorite flavor...chocolate moose tracks!! Tons of chunky chocolate that will satisfy any chocolate lover's palette!! If you are just stopping by to pick up their mighty fine BBQ, be sure to grab a cone for the ride home...you won't regret it!!

• Visited May 2013

Medford, Massachusetts
“Great Find”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Went here with couple of friends while driving up to Middlebury. Ribs were right off the smoker, delicious pulled pork sandwich, great people running the place. Delicious and cheap. Definitely recommend.

• Visited February 2013
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Best Brisket I Ever Tasted”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

my wife and I went to Simon Pearce and arrived too late for lunch. We were disappointed and hungry. We would up at the Route 4 Country Store and did not know what to expect. We had their smoked brisket. It was great. We also had their lobster bisque.

The owners were very friendly and engaging.

This is the best roadside store I've been too.

We will be back.

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Friendly, Excellent service”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

You must try their pulled pork. The setting and environment is amazing, these guys are really excellent people and produce some excellent food. If you happen to be passing by, be sure to stop in and try something.

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Look out Texas, Vermont's got bbq!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We went here because we saw they have Boars Head products and thought we'd get sandwiches. We noticed the sign for pulled pork as we pulled in but Margie asked if we'd like to sample of their braised beef bbq. It was fabulous so we ordered sandwiches and they were great! The owners, Margie and Tony are very nice people and tho seating is limited on the inside, they have a nice front porch. Nothing fancy, very down home, but a great spot. Also chocolates, muffins, groceries. beer, wine, gift items, maple syrup, ETC. Great spot!!

• Visited January 2013