“Best wings”

Route 4 Country Store
Ranked #16 of 57 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Route 4 Country Store Deli & Bar-B-Que offers Fabulous Food, served Fresh, Fast and Friendly! Our large BBQ Smoker is out front on Route 4, just after you exit at I-89. We have a Boars Head(tm) Deli menu, Bar-B-Que, Ice Cream, Beer/Wine and basic groceries. A main feature here is Vermont Chocolatiers, with some chocolate tempered inside the store and handmade fresh! We are EZ to get to ..Just off Vermont I-89 Exit #1 going North or South. Also close to the I-91 N or S interchange with I-89. Call us from the road to have anything ready for you and your group.
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have had their wings multiple times for lunch. First of all, they are cheap for how much you get. Best price around. Next, they are cooked on a giant grill/ smoker outside so you get the true BBQ taste when you have them. I personally choose Buffalo for my wings. Their Buffalo is just the right amount of Spicy. Not too much, not too little. I would HIGHLY recommend stopping here for lunch if you live here are are visiting. The best part is you can even call in an order for pick up so it's all ready when you get there! Also, there is tons of seating outside to enjoy the beautiful Vermont weather while you eat the amazing food provided for you. If you are worried about sticky hands from the wings they even have the covered too. There is a sink outside with paper towels to clean yourself up after eating.

Make sure you check this place out for a true taste of Vermont!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We passed by on the way to visit an attraction up the street and the smell made my husband's mouth water. We arrived around 12:30 and placed an order and it seemed a little disorganized and people were waiting for a while. Someone got a refund for a sandwich that had a hair in it. There was some kind of issue with their fryer, and instead of telling us and giving us the option to choose something else, we waited almost 55 mins for 2 sandwiches and some chicken fingers. We were given chips because they couldn't make fries. Both the pulled pork and the brisket were good. Based off the other reviews it seems like they were just having an off day.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

My husband, our granddaughter and I camped across the road at KOA from Countrystore Every night I'd go to the store to get some of their wonderful barbecue ribs and pulled pork. Smelling the various wood and barbecue smells while camping 'whetted' our appetite each day for more of their treats for our dinner!

1  Thank cathycrymes1939
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I always stop here on my way to Killington for coffee and a breakfast sandwich and come back at the end of the day to grab some food on my way out of town. The owners are really nice and there's always something interesting to look at in the store. Sandwich ingredients are always fresh.

1  Thank Tom F
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Store had lots of options but a little laid back on when the brisket would be ready. Lots of Vermont made products.