“Perfect food in a charmingly rustic store.”

Route 4 Country Store
Ranked #18 of 54 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Route 4 Country Store Deli & Bar-B-Que offers Fabulous Food, served Fresh, Fast and Friendly! Our large BBQ Smoker is out front on Route 4, just after you exit at I-89. We have a Boars Head(tm) Deli menu, Bar-B-Que, Ice Cream, Beer/Wine and basic groceries. A main feature here is Vermont Chocolatiers, with some chocolate tempered inside the store and handmade fresh! We are EZ to get to ..Just off Vermont I-89 Exit #1 going North or South. Also close to the I-91 N or S interchange with I-89. Call us from the road to have anything ready for you and your group.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Perfect food in a charmingly rustic store.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Best. Wings. Ever. Anything you order there is scrumptious, but do yourself a favor and enjoy the settings or anything from the smoker. This is the only place we went twice while we were in the area. We bought them out of wings the second time.

Connecticut
“2 words........whoopie pies!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

plus a ton of specialty cheeses,jams,syrup,and other VT foods.they had a BBQ truck parked outside for some real BBQ pulled pork!

Visited September 2013
Natick, Massachusetts
“What a find!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were driving up to Stowe on I89 and pulled off on the search for lunch. The first place we stumbled upon was Route 4 Country Store. This place is a gem! We had fantastic pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and potato salad and our daughter had the grilled cheese. Would go back again if in the area!

“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Was hungry and decided to pull off I89 and search for food, found this great place! Had a "Saussage Bomb" sandwhich... OMG!!! It maybe the best sandwhich I ever had, will try to go back soon and sample every item on the menu... Oh and they also make chocolate treats, I will never be able to go through that area without stopping for a sandwhich

Hartford, Vermont, United States
“Best wings”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have had their wings multiple times for lunch. First of all, they are cheap for how much you get. Best price around. Next, they are cooked on a giant grill/ smoker outside so you get the true BBQ taste when you have them. I personally choose Buffalo for my wings. Their Buffalo is just the right amount of Spicy. Not too much, not too little. I would HIGHLY recommend stopping here for lunch if you live here are are visiting. The best part is you can even call in an order for pick up so it's all ready when you get there! Also, there is tons of seating outside to enjoy the beautiful Vermont weather while you eat the amazing food provided for you. If you are worried about sticky hands from the wings they even have the covered too. There is a sink outside with paper towels to clean yourself up after eating.

Make sure you check this place out for a true taste of Vermont!

• Visited July 2013