“Great find”

Ranked #19 of 52 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Route 4 Country Store Deli & Bar-B-Que offers Fabulous Food, served Fresh, Fast and Friendly! Our large BBQ Smoker is out front on Route 4, just after you exit at I-89. We have a Boars Head(tm) Deli menu, Bar-B-Que, Ice Cream, Beer/Wine and basic groceries. A main feature here is Vermont Chocolatiers, with some chocolate tempered inside the store and handmade fresh! We are EZ to get to ..Just off Vermont I-89 Exit #1 going North or South. Also close to the I-91 N or S interchange with I-89. Call us from the road to have anything ready for you and your group.
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great find”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a situation where Trip Advisor works well. Based on the other reviews, we gave it a try on the way home from skiing Killington. The outside and inside are typical Vermont general store. Don't let than scare you and order up the best pulled pork sandwiches you will find anywhere. We also got the Route 4 sampler, which was great. Even the baked beans taste great. I ate and ate and ate until I could eat no more. I felt full similar to after Thanksgiving. To top it off, the prices are fair and the owners were extremely pleasant. It is right off I-89, so if you are transiting the area and hungry, get a pulled pork sandwich to go. It is so much better than the chain fast food joints.Enjoy. By the way, we have been to the other area restaurants for dinner and the Trip Advisor rankings are right on the money. They are great. But those places are more formal, sit down style and not in the same category as this place.

• Visited February 2014

Lauderhill, Florida
“You won't be sorry!!!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I own our 2nd home in Quechee, Vt and Route 4 Deli & BBQ is our home away from home every time we get up there from Florida!! My Mom from NC visited with us recently and she wanted to go there everyday for either their pulled pork or ribs and definitely for their ice-cream!! Try the chocolate moose tracks and butter pecan! Not only is this a great place to grab something wonderful to eat (they carry Boar's Head), it's also a great country store to pick up just about anything you may need or want while on vacation. Don't miss this awesome find along Route 4!! Tell Margie the Mayor and his wife from SoFlo said hi!!

Mahopac, NY
“Great country store!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at the campground right across the street from here. It has a little bit of everything, drinks, wine, beer, sandwiches, everything you could need for a country store. They even have their own wood fired BBQ smoker out front with decent BBQ food. Not the best BBQ I've had but very good to say the least. Worth the $$

• Visited October 2013
Vermont
“Awesome place to stop & eat”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

You can't miss the smoker, lol... Walk inside the charming country store and the delicious aroma of smoked meat can't be missed. Food is great and they make some wonderful dark chocolate treats. If driving by it's worth taking the time and stopping by for an awesome lunch or supper.

• Visited October 2013
Québec
“You should stop to see and eat!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stopped there 3 weeks ago during a motorcycle trip to Hampton Beach, NH.
We stopped there first to get gas ans find something to eat. Wow this a general store, Good home made sandwichs prepared in front of you. Differents type of drinks old fashion sodas, chips and more. Outside they cooked pork. You can eat outside, play piano. People are very nice.

• Visited August 2013