The Tyler Place Resort has completely changed my view of what a family vacation can be. Our family just got home today, and I'm not sure who was sadder to leave--the kids or myself and my husband!
From the outstanding activities (for kids and adults), to the delicious (and HEALTHY!...and lots of vegan/vegetarian) food, to the friendly staff (I mean, I've never seen so many polite, conversant 20-somethings who truly seemed to enjoy hanging out with a bunch of 30- and 40-year-old parents, plus their kids), to the fabulous weather (ahhh...what a relief from the sticky Georgia heat), to the friendly returning guests who made a beeline for the "newbies" (who only constitute about 1/3 of the guests) to make them feel welcome...we were truly running to the front desk to sign up again next year.
I am a pretty picky traveler--it takes a lot for me to dole out the 5-star reviews--but the TP absolutely blew me away. Coming from someone who loves Disney Cruises...our whole family agreed that the TP was better, and if you've been on a Disney Cruise, you know the high standard that they maintain in every aspect. (Plus, the TP is way cheaper than a DC for a week, with a much larger variety of activities.) I also generally dislike going to the same place for vacation since there's so much of the world to explore, so it was a huge deal for me to sign up for next year before the week was even over! They truly have the family vacation down to a science (or an art?), and this was the first family vacation on which I have truly felt relaxed 99% of the time. (The other 1% was to and from the airport, hahaha.)
I found myself glaring at the clock tonight as I imagined the next week's guests in MY cabin, eating MY dinner, frolicking in MY clean, crisp air, riding on MY tandem bicycle. (Did I mention my four-year-old went gaga over the tandem bike? Or that my daughter caught 4 fish? Or that you never have to worry about putting sunscreen or bug spray on your kids because the counselors do it for you!!??)
Kudos to the Tyler family for creating a truly exceptional vacation spot. I'm so glad I stumbled across the place on Google, as most of the other new guests were brought there at the recommendation of their friends. We are already looking forward to next year's Week 2!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 9 age-staggered kids programs for Infants to Teens. A cozy cottage or family suite with separate parent's bedroom. Awesome, enthusiastic, counselors you'll want to take home with you. Exceptionally good, wholesome meals - three times a day - plus snacks. Evening meals without the kids - a chance to recharge your marriage. An amazing variety of land and water sports with no waiting lines. Lots of fresh air, green grass, blue water, bonfires and nights full of stars. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tyler Place Family Hotel Highgate Springs
- Hotel Tyler Place Family
- Tyler Place Family Resort Highgate Springs, Vermont