“Fantastic Weekend!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hyde Park B&B and Inns
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Weekend!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The B&B is So Beautiful! Susanne, The Hostess was very helpful, nice,Great Cook!We stayed in the Pink Rm....It was Clean, we had everything we needed.The weekend was wonderful!

The Tea Time was FUN & DELICIOUS! delightful Conversation, A Must to experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Montpelier, VT
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Governor’s House in Hyde Park for a much needed weekend getaway. The Bed and Breakfast was just beautiful and the grounds were peaceful and well maintained. Suzanne, the innkeeper, was helpful and knowledgeable about the area. There were jars of snacks for us to help ourselves to during our stay- homemade cookies, fresh fruit, and chocolates. The inn has a wide selection of DVD’s, Books, and Games to choose from and enjoy. Breakfast was delicious and the service was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I decided to have a small, intimate wedding at the Governor’s House in Hyde Park and we are so happy that we did. The house itself was clean, well maintained, and beautiful. The landscaping was welcoming and the lawn a relaxing place where our families and friends could relax and enjoy each other’s company. Suzanne, the innkeeper, took care of most of the details of our wedding and was very efficient with a thoughtful attention to detail. The food was fresh and delicious and arranged beautifully on the dining room table. The cake was simple yet elegant and very tasty. Having our wedding at the Governor’s House was easy, inexpensive and memorable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

First I have to say Suzanne is a very gracious hostess. My husband and I wanted to get married in VT and I'm so happy we decided on the Governor's House. Suzanne was beyond accommodating, even postponing her vacation to allow us to be married on the date we choose. Wow! Not many people do that.
The Inn is beautifully furnished, and we were lucky enough to be the only guests for most of our time there. If you plan on eloping, every detail of the ceremony is taken care of. All you really have to do is show up:) The food is delicious and so fresh... We still dream about the fresh butter served with our dinner. We look forward to returning on our one year anniversary.

• Stayed November 2012
South Burlington
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I just got back from my fourth Jane Austen weekend at the Governor's House and, as always, I had a wonderful time. The house itself is beautiful and the rooms are so inviting and comfortable. Suzanne is the perfect hostess, providing delicious meals and delightful conversation all weekend long. The weekend started on Friday night with an interesting and informative presenatation on life during Jane Austen's time, enjoyed over mulled wine, hot cider and sweet treats. Saturday began with a delicious hot breakfast and we then went off to do our own thing (which included reading next to the fire, visiting with old friends, and making new ones.) Suzanne then provided tea, complete with finger sandwiches, scones, and sweets. We learned the proper way to serve and receive tea, as well as other etiquette lessons, and listened as Suzanne read us passages about Jane Austen and life during her time. After tea, we were left to ourselves to relax, which for me meant working on a puzzle (something I love to do but only ever seem to find the time to do when I come to the Governor's House). Dinner Saturday night was another delicious meal, with lots of lively conversation and friendly fellowship. The weekend ended on Sunday with another fabulous meal, this time a brunch which included a fun trivia contest. I recommend the Governor's House to everyone! And I am already looking forward to spending another weekend next winter with Suzanne and Jane Austen!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Chama, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I took an impromptu trip to Vermont and was totally charmed by the Governor's House. Suzanne has a knack for steering her guests toward day trips suited to their interests and I thoroughly enjoyed a tour of the covered bridges in the area. The Inn is lovely, the owner welcoming and knowledgeable, and the food delicious. I look forward to attending one of the Jane Austen weekends.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 4 November 2012

To celebrate my sister’s 60th birthday, four of my sisters and I participated in one of Suzanne’s “Jane Austen Weekends. The accommodations were superb and the welcome magnificent. The Governor’s House is beautifully restored and maintained. The “Austen” activities gave us an opportunity to meet the other participants without constricting our time to explore Hyde’s Park and Stowe. We easily bonded with the other guests and enjoyed the information shared about the Regency period during the teas and mealtimes. Suzanne helped arranged a country-side carriage ride in Stowe and even surprised my sister with a birthday cake at the Saturday Regency dinner. Unbeknownst to Suzanne, the spice cake she made was the same cake our mom made for my sister’s birthday. This happenstance only added to the specialness of the weekend. We traveled 11 hours by car and would do in again in a heartbeat! This place is definitely a Vermont “go to” destination.

Room Tip: All room are worthy of any quest