“A Gem in Jamaica”
Review of Three Mountain Inn

Three Mountain Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Jamaica B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We found this Inn randomly when we could not find accommodations closer to Mt. Snow. Well it will not be randomly chosen again !!!! This Inn is beautiful, the hospitality is beyond welcoming and the food at 5 star. We were attending a "Tough Mudder" at Mt. Snow and stayed here for an evening. Wish we were staying longer. The rooms are immaculate and beautiful. Jennifer and Ed are so nice. And Ed's cooking is amazing. The next day we had an early start leaving at 6:00 am for Mt. Snow - Ed got up and prepared coffee and homemade scones for us. And if that wasn't enough - he was helping at The Tough Mudder event and ended up saving my friend and I in the frigid water of the "dong dangler" !!!! HA HA - thank you Ed - we were so happy to see you ! Definitely hope to visit this Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank zambonifamily

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We had our wedding at the Three Mountain Inn in December 2007. We stayed in Sage Cottage, and our family/friends stayed in other rooms/suites throughout the Inn. I am 4 years late in writing this review, and am writing as we are planning another family trip to New England. When we decided to come back to New England for fall foliage my father's comment was that he wanted to stay at the exact same place we did last time because he loved it so much. I was excited to hear him make this request and can't wait to return.

Everything about the Tree Mountain Inn is cozy, warm, inviting, and utterly charming. Jenn and Ed made our week-long stay, the wedding, and the reception/dinner nothing short of perfect. I cannot thank them and the staff at the Three Mountain Inn enough. They helped with planning, made wonderful recommendations, always answered questions swiftly and with thoughtful consideration. I could not believe that inn owners could be so gracious, helpful, and accommodating. When we arrived, they had thought of everything and had paid amazing attention to detail to ensure that we had a relaxed and memorable stay. At all times, our comfort and enjoyment seemed to be their utmost concern.

We chose the Three Mountain Inn after I had researched almost every Inn, B&B and resort in Vermont. I selected the Inn because of its more secluded location and the overall feel from the pictures on the website. When I arrived, things were better than the pictures. I appreciate the fact that in decorating the rooms, Jenn and Ed made sure to keep the New England charm (not too modern) without making the decor look like a Victorian flower and lace bomb.

We stayed at the Inn for a week in Sage Cottage, which allowed us to have some seclusion. The room was in excellent condition and was beautifully decorated with great attention to detail. Our family and friends stayed in other rooms. My favorite rooms were the Jamaica Suite and the Arlington, but you really can't go wrong with any choice.

Jenn and Ed were incredibly friendly and helpful to everyone as they arrived. Coffee was delivered every morning to the front porch of the cottage. The breakfasts were a treat that are still discussed by family and friends. They were the perfect way to start every day. (The scones and maple bacon were particularly enjoyable). We enjoyed hot beverages and treats every afternoon.

Our wedding reception/dinner were perfect. We were provided an excellent menu in advance with numerous choices for each course. While I can't recall the exact dishes that were served, we selected an appetizer course that included baked brie and apples, onion and leek soup, or scallops. All three were excellent and the scallops (and exquisite sauce served with them) were the best I had ever had. We selected a chicken dish, beef tenderloin, or venison as the main course. Each of the main courses was served with a different seasonal vegetable or side. One set of friends who have been to weddings all over the country said that our wedding dinner was the best they had ever had. (In fact, we dined for Christmas Eve at another restaurant in a nearby town that was very highly rated and were sorely disappointed and wished we had just booked another meal at the Three Moutain Inn).

If you are taking a trip to this area of Vermont, do not miss out on the opportunity to stay at this gem of an Inn. Our stay endeared my whole family on New England and has led to numerous discussions about a return. Every time my family gets together, we always end up talking about how fabulous our vacation was. Much of that talk surrounds, and is because or our wonderful stay at the Three Mountain Inn.

Room Tip: If you want seclusion, Sage Cottage. If you want a room that provides a sitting area separate from...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I just returned from a weekend stay with my girlfriend at Three Mountain Inn. Overall, we thought this was a very nice place to spend a quiet weekend. We stayed in the Jamaica Suite, which had a separate sitting room with a gas fireplace. I ordered flowers, wine, and cheese which were there upon our arrival. On a single-digit cold afternoon, this is a great space to enjoy some wine, sit by the fire, talk, play some scrabbble, and just unwind in the quiet VT countryside. We had dinner at the Inn one night and the other night Ed arranged reservations at SoLo Farm and Table a few miles away. Both meals were good, served in great dining atmospheres (the Inn dining room is calm and candlelit and SoLo is warm and vibrant). We eat out in a lot of NYC farm to table places, however, and maybe had some higher expectations which were not totally met. I liked the breakfasts more than dinner. There was always some great homemade muffins and bread along with fresh fruit and some choices for breakfast (omelettes, amazing maple sausage and bacon, french toast, and pancakes). Ed was helpful in mapping out places to drive and suggesting stops along the way. We checked out Weston Priory which has a small chapel and a great bookstore if you are a liberal Catholic theologian like myself, but the brothers were on retreat, so we couldn't participate in the daily prayer. The State Park near the Inn was closed and too cold for hiking, but it looks like it would be nice to explore in warmer weather. We also went to Stratton Mt., Vermont Country Store, and wandered around the town of Brattleboro (inetersting bookstores, music stores, and coffee shops). Overall, I recommend Three Mountain Inn for a weekend escape from the city (about 4 hrs. from NYC). Next time I'd like to see some other small towns in the surronding area, as Jamaica and it's immediate surrondings are quite beautiful, but also somewhat remote.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed 3 nights at the wonderful B&B. Our hosts, Ed and Jennifer, were very friendly and very helpful in giving us information on the local area and suggestions for things to see and do. The breakfast were superb and we'd recommend the dinners as well. you'd have to drive a long way to get a better meal in such an intimate setting plus having coffee in front of a blazing log fire. The other event not to be missed is the hot apple cider and local cheeses which are available between 4pm and 5pm ... again in front of the fire. A wonderful relaxing way to round off a day out in the forests. If you're travelling through Southern Vermont, it's well worth taking the time to stop off in Jamaica at the Three Mountain Inn.

5  Thank geowin
Reviewed 24 October 2011

3 Mountain Inn exceeded my expectations. Wonderful New England inn situation in a small town without a stop light, near a nice creek. Right on the edge of a nice state park as well. Close enough to very good restaurants and pubs, just far enough of a drive thru wonderful area to make the journey fun. Ed and Jennifer are excellent hosts as are their staff.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mike13-Chicago
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Such a wonderful place to stay and dine in Southern Vermont. I can't say enough about the owners/innkeepers/chef/hosts Ed & Jen ! The meals were some of the finest that I've ever had, (and I've had many). The rooms were so very comfortable and the attention to detail was unsurpased. We took a long hike to the falls in Jamaica State Park and sat by the fire !! AWESOME

6  Thank MTGbe4Isleep
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Wonderful place to stay, if visiting Vermont. Innkeeper and his wife were very very friendly and charming. Food in restaurant was lovely. Would love to have stayed longer. Would most definitely recommend to our UK friends to stay.

5  Thank Dianne P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamaica
Grafton Inn
Cold Moon Farm Bed & Breakfast LLC
Four Columns Inn
Four Columns Inn
#1 of 5 in Newfane

Been to Three Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!