“The perfect B&B for Stratton”

Cold Moon Farm Bed & Breakfast LLC
Ranked #1 of 3 Jamaica B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I really can't say enough about the long weekend that I shared w/ the Glazers at their wonderful B&B, only minutes away from Stratton. No honestly, this review will struggle to find enough positive adjectives in the English language. Lets just say I found my home away from home. And this home…well take a look at the pictures because my words cannot do it justice. My morning started w/ delicious breakfasts, comprised of fresh ingredients right off the farm. My evening ended with stimulating conversation amongst the guests and such warm hospitality from the Glazers and the Meckes. Leaving the house was a struggle because I simply was so comfortable and happy hanging “in”. There wasn’t a question that went unanswered, a recommendation that wasn’t spot on. Any doubts you may have about this place should be erased by these two points: I have never been so impressed by a stay to actually write a review until now and I am currently moving things in my schedule to ensure that I return again this winter (and summer). If I wrote anymore you would think I was on the payroll, when in fact I paid them for the pleasure and will do so again soon. That is if I can get an open room…

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Cold Moon Farm was an awesome place to stay through out my ski trip to Stratton. This place rocks specially for a quiet and peaceful relaxing area getting you away from all the noise pollution. Ed and Irene Glazer sure gave us their hospitality making us feel at home and not to mention their delicious breakfast straight out of the farm. Thank you so much this place is worth it!!

Room Tip: Either room available
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We had a short but comfortable stay at Cold Moon. Only a ten minute drive to Stratton, it was a great location and much more reasonable than staying at the mountain. Ed and Irene were gracious hosts and very helpful with advice on lift tickets and dining reservations.
They are preparing to host weddings in the near future and I'm sure it will be a very special destination venue.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Our family of six had a wonderful stay at the Cold Moon Farm for our ski trip over the holidays this year. Ed and Irene were fantastic at making us feel at home and helping with everything from dinner reservations to lift passes. Being parents themselves, they went out of their way to help us with our four kids (ages 5 – 13) and ensuring our ski vacation was easy going and memorable. Great hosts!

Room Tip: Family suite easily fit our family of six
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JHanus
Reviewed 17 December 2012

What an amazing weekend. I planned a trip to Cold Moon Farm for my boyfriends bday and for a relaxing snowboarding trip and was excited when I discovered this B&B. I read about the breakfast straight from the farm, the dogs & the farm tour and let me say even with my expectations set high I was blown away. We enjoyed the accommodations so much we didn't even want to rush to the mountain (and it was only 10-15 mins from Stratton). The weekend felt as though we were visiting friends and all the little details really made it special from the snacks in the kitchen, to all the games downstairs or even just hanging out in the spacious living room with our hosts. We loved the tour of the farm and learning about all the different working parts; especially being able to go home with some of the products from the farm (the rosemary bread was delicious!). Can't wait to go back for summer or foliage time!

Room Tip: red room downstairs was great and private but recommended if you're more of an early riser since...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We had a such great stay at the Cold Moon Farm B&B. Irene and Ed Glazer are such a nice couple: friendly, welcoming, and just very comfortable to be around. My wife and I and our two kids (5 & 6), and our good friend and his daughter (7) made the journey up from New York City just at the start of the foliage season in mid September.

The highlight was life on the farm. The kids just loved being so free, running after the quacking ducks, bounding off boulders in the yard, playing with dogs Ernie and Muriel, taking adventure hikes through the woods, gazing at the stars in the nighttime sky, and watching Gideon catch frogs in the small goldfish pond. Gideon is the fearless six-year old son of Dave and Georgia, who help Ed and Irene run the farm and the B&B, and he made the kids' stay fun as well.

Dave was so knowledgeable and just great with the kids, having them report to the barn for farm chores in the late afternoon. From there the kids walked past the hay stack and down the stairs to the lower barn and yard to feed (and pet) the goats and pigs. Later they collected newly laid (and warm) eggs from the chickens (and ducks!). They really loved doing those farm chores and haven't stopped talking about it since we got back last week.

The house is big enough to truly get lost in, and there are so many additional diversions in the lower level: pool table, foosball and skeeball tables, lots of board games, gym equipment, and a working fireplace. The bedrooms & bathrooms are modern, clean and comfortable, and very nicely decorated. The mountain views inspire. And waking up to the morning sun and ducks at your window is only bested by the delicious breakfast awaiting you upstairs. There is nothing better than farm fresh eggs!

We aren’t skiers and we found so much to do nearby. We kept busy almost all of one day with the off-season rides Bromley Mountain had to offer (my five year old son loved going down that alpine slide with me). We also took a great hike to the top of the dam at Ball Mountain State Park. And we enjoyed exploring the area, including Manchester, for shopping and nightly dinners.

We fully expect to return to this wonderful place in the future.

Neil, Carol, Catherine (6) & John (5)
Dennis & Savannah (7)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Neil M
Reviewed 30 July 2012

From the moment my friends and I got to Cold Moon Farm, the Glazers went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and were there to answer all our questions. They even had a friend take us for a hike! The room we stayed in was spacious, clean and we felt right at home. Waking up early to help feed the baby goats and watch the goats being milked was a real treat! A really great get away from the hustle and bustle of city life! Thanks again for an awesome vacation and can't wait to come back and visit again!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank chayab
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamaica
Black Bear Lodge
#1 of 1 in Grafton
Three Mountain Inn
Three Mountain Inn
#2 of 3 in Jamaica

Been to Cold Moon Farm Bed & Breakfast LLC? Share your experiences!