“Tram Haus Lodge, parent ski get away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jay Peak Resort

Jay Peak Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jay
Montreal, Canada
“Tram Haus Lodge, parent ski get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the Tram Haus lodge for the first time Feb. 5th 2012 weekend. We were in a beautiful 2 bedroom condo with a fireplace and full kitchen. The kitchen was fully equipped. All of the amenities were brand new. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. They even walked us to the ski lockers the first day to make sure we knew where everything was. Some of the buildings you have to walk through to navigate the grounds (ie: to get to the little general store) are original and old....but they have lots of character and it's fun to feel like you are walking back through time. Only disappointment was that we did not have access to a hot tub...which makes every adult ski get a way better. They do have the new waterslide park though that we did not try it in Feb. We have booked in to stay at the Jay Peak hotel with our children March 5-8th 2012 because we know they will LOVEEEE the water slides and hopefully there will still be some snow left to ski. Food on the slopes was very tasty but we did make most of our meals in our fully loaded kitchen.

Room Tip: We had a corner room (2 room condo) with windows on 2 of four walls. There was great light and grea...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shena P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at the NEW HOTEL JAY, wow! From the skiing, to the PUMPHOUSE, to the food, and most importantly- the people. Everyone is friendly and that just made it even better.

Wait times for skiing and the waterpark were minimal. This place is an absolute gem and a such a great place to chill/recharge the batteries. We were there with our 2 young children and they were well taken care of the daycare- awesome staff!

We will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
buffalo,ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My family drove to Jay Peak for a day trip. My 5 year old daughter and I experienced the waterpark while my husband and two sons(ages 10 and 12) went skiing. First of all I will start off by stating that we have visited many waterparks and although this one is nice, there are many places for improvement. Let's start with the fact that the resort allows people to stomp around the waterpark with boots and sneakers on where most people have bare feet. Then there was the dressing room issue.The lockers are the smallest I have ever seen and there is no privacy what-so-ever to change.One would have to take all of their things to a small bathroom stall to change and hope nothing falls in the toilet or on the wet floor. That leads to my next problem- the flooring. The whole place is so slippery my daughter fell 3 times before I finally bought her water shoes at the gift shop. (she was not running either). The next problem I faced was the lack of seating. There were not enough chairs to sit down and eat.. Lastly, the towel situation is also inconvienent. One has to walk upstairs where people are checking in from outside(cold air from outside) to get a towel. The towels should be downstairs.I got one when I arrived but after putting it on a chair I came back to find my towel and chair gone. Lastly, they have a door by the bar that goes outside where people are constantly going out to the hot tub and letting a cold breeze in every few minutes.
Now please understand that this place is not all bad. The prices are very reasonable for food and drinks and even the gift shop. Also the lazy river ride is a blast. The slides are very fun and thrilling. The park was clean and the staff was friendly and laid back. There were plenty of life jackets, tubes, and lifeguards.The lockers are opened and locked using a plastic bracelet which was very helpful. Also, very important to me was the temperature of the air and water which was pretty close to perfect. I would love to see some of the issues resolved because this place would be exceptional. I would recommend this water park since it is clean and fun but just be aware of some issues that if fixed would make the place so much better. As for the skiing, my husband and boys had an amazing time. The mountain is not for beginners though.

9 Thank conradBuffalo_ny
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We live in Ottawa so for us to choose a waterpark/hotel vacation, Jay Peak is the answer! We used to drive to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls but not anymore! A short (for us) 3 1/2 hour drive and we were there. As I write this review, I am sitting in our hotel room in the Jay Hotel, in front of my warm and cozy gas fireplace. I gave this vacation 5 stars and will list all the tips/positives then will end with a few suggestions as I know Management reads these.

I read the negatives before coming. We were here the weekend of Feb 17-19 and the hotel was 100% sold out. So, we were worried as well that the waterpark would be unbearably crowded. It was full but I disagree with other reviewers. We rarely waited more than 10 minutes for any water slide. It seems that they HAVE address the issue of overselling the park. Yes, there were towels/stuff everywhere but that's because people were occupying the chairs/tables. I watched and everyone seemed to have a place to put their stuff. The outdoor hot tub was HOT and not a wet towel or cup in sight.

We stayed in a Queen room with a pull-out for the kids. There was a kitchenette with a microwave, 2-burner ceran stove top, kettle, Keurig coffee brewer, toaster and bar-sized fridge. I had called to ask about in-room amenities, so we brought lots of food and snacks. Handy! Our room had a working gas fireplace and one of the nicest bathrooms we've ever seen, and like other reviewers, we travel a lot.

We ate at the Foundry Pub & Grille. We were shocked when my 5 yr-old got her kids' meal pizza. It was at least 12" across! 8 slices! We were able to have it for lunch the next day as well. If you have two kids, they could very easily share it. Ditto the kids' meal Mac and cheese. It would feed an adult easily and tasted incredible...not "kiddy" Mac n' cheese at all...

As for tiny suggestions, I have a few. The web site could do far better at advising what the room features are. I realize now that this is because not all rooms have all the things our room did, however, even a simple list of the basics like an in-room safe, hair dryer, microwave etc., would be helpful. I had to call and bother staff with a question that could have been answered on the web site.

I love the individual Keurig coffee makers! We asked for hot chocolate K-cups for the kids and there weren't any. Huh? It's winter!!

No fans in the bathrooms. I still don't understand this when hotels do this.

There should be some sort of washable mattress pad/cover on the mattress of the pull-out couch. When we made up the bed and realized there would only be a thin sheet between the mattress and our kids, we were a little weirded out. I think even a thin cover would still allow the couch to be folded up. And if it won't, provide a clean mattress cover with the sheets/blankets.

Finally, there needs to be one more garbage at the end of the waterpark near the stairs to the slides and entrance to the lazy river. I saw quite a few half-empty cups left sitting because kids had nowhere to throw them before climbing the stairs.

The staff is wonderfully attentive and cement above and beyond to ensure our stay was enjoyable. It worked. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a kitchenette and bring snacks/food!
3 Thank ProudOakwaterOwner
Bradford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed at one of the Golf and Mountain and Condos for a weekend and had a fantastic stay. The accomodations were spacious and comfortable and within a very short distance to skiing and the waterpark. The complimentary shuttle made getting around very convenient and we used that both days. The skiing conditions were great, especially considering the low snowfall this year. We use the waterpark both days and we all enjoyed it very much. My only criticism was that the locker rooms were far too small and it was difiicult to use them because they were so crowded. Everything else was great, including the food (we tried the pizza place and the Foundry). I highly reccomend this resort.

4 Thank dsturges11
Burlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

The customer service was amazing, the staff is very friendly and goes above and beyond to ensure your stay is enjoyable. We stayed in a two bedroom at the new hotel it was spacious and the full kitchen help reduce costs by cooking meals in. The water park was a blast and it kept the little ones entertained as well as the adults. All of the upgrades have changed this great ski mountain into a great ski resort.

1 Thank Canes99
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

This was our first time at Jay Peak, and we stayed at the Clubhouse Suites (Franklin Room). They are spacious, nicely decorated, and exceptionally quiet. The staff are very helpful. Even though it is only a short walk to the amenities, realistically if you are lugging ski stuff or going to the waterpark (wet hair, freezing cold) you will want to drive or take the shuttle.

The mountain was beautiful and we really enjoyed the skiing. Given the bizarre weather this winter, the conditions were very good. The morning skiing was fantastic but by the end of the day many trails were getting icy. The tram lineup was 20-30 minutes but the lift waits were generally less than 5 minutes.

The waterpark exceeded our expectations. The kids (11, 9, and 6 yrs old) loved it and stayed for hours every evening after skiing. I was impressed that the facility appealed to people of all ages. In addition to young kids there were lots of teens & young adults on the surfer and the larger/faster slides, and older adults in the hot tubs and lazy river. I liked that the hot tubs were actually hot; I find that at some resorts and the water is tepid. The only minor disappointment was the lack of routine cleaning around the outdoor hot tub. Both times I went, there were dozens of empty cups and soggy towels everywhere. However, the rest of the facility was very clean.

We enjoyed our suppers at Alice's Table, and The Foundry Pub & Grille. The meals, ambiance and service were all very good. Mountain Dick's Pizza is cafeteria style without much ambiance but the food was good. The bar has a great vibe - just wish it was bigger!

Overall I was really impressed with Jay Peak. Based on our experience I would strongly recommend it to friends, and we will be coming back.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank IR8U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jay
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
#5 of 6 in Sutton
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Jay

Been to Jay Peak Resort? Share your experiences!