The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
Jay Peak Resort(Jay)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$103
Horizon Hotel(Sutton)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$124
Le Montagnard(Sutton)(Great Value!)
US$287
Orbitz.com
Auberge Sutton Brouerie(Sutton)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$182
Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe(Sutton)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$115
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsone bedroom suitetram hauscleaning stafftower barfull kitchenjay peakwater parkski tripafternoon sunstay homeour room was not readyvalet servicevalet parkingmain liftsslope sidefamily roomking size bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I'm not going to lie; I was dreading our stay at the Tram Haus/ Jay Peak (it's really one resort) after reading some of the negative reviews and the manager's comments on this site. (His comments made him seem like a jerk.) I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED! We had an all around terrific experience! When we arrived, we were promptly greeted by the valets. The front desk staff was friendly. Our room was beautiful and clean. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and accommodating! The maids did a great job. Karen in the coffee shop was so nice.
My son lost his gold necklace in the water park. The manager Mr Rubin talked to the staff and they were looking for it with masks on! Impressive.
We all had a wonderful time and the kids loved the water park!
There is a 10pm quiet time. Some of the people in our party, their rooms were above the bar (3rd floor mountain view), it was loud until 1am. I guess if it's too loud you can call the desk and they will quiet things down. If you're worried about noise, ask for a different room upfront. Our room (3rd floor valley view) was quiet.
Also, they do charge a $15. Per night service charge. Is it a big deal? No but I agree with others on here-why not just include it up front?
Another minor complaint that I read, their website is hard to maneuver around. I agree. I never could find pictures of the different rooms. Is this a big deal? Not really but would have been helpful.
Also, the replies from the manager that I read on this site from Mr Wright were a real turn off! Please, it's such a wonderful hotel and experience; have someone else write those replies.
There was a wedding going on one day so we couldn't cut through to go from the the water park back to the Tram Haus. I wish the staff let the kids know they could go to the desk and ask for a shuttle. It was 17 degrees and snowing so going outside to get back to the Tram was not an option for kids who were wet and in bathing suits.
We wish there was a coffee shop/kiosk at the Tram Haus. And I do know my friend had a hard time booking the pizza party for the team in advance.
I brought up some of these MINOR issues because others had mentioned them on this site. Don't be put off! This is a GREAT hotel and water park. We had so much fun! We will plan another trip and look forward to it!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2013

What a great setting for a hockey tournament. Park your car and leave it for the weekend as everything is right there. The design/decor of the Tramhaus units is minimalist yet spacious and highly functional - lots of beautiful wood and storage. The king bed in the 1 bdrm was extremely comfortable and we loved the duvet & pillows. The gas fireplace is a nice touch for instant warmth and atmosphere. The price was reasonable but beware there are add-on resort fees. Why not just include them in the cost because you don't have a choice. Use of the water park and ski facilities is extra so I'm sure what you're getting for the extra fee. We got more room than we needed because there were no studios left but the room we had felt luxurious.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We travelled with a team of 13 year old boys for a hockey tournament and I have to say that the Tram Haus Lodge(s) were absolutely fantastic! They are like a mini-condo with one or two bedrooms available. You have everything there including a kitchenette with all the amenities including a coffee maker, pots and pans, ustensils and eating area, a family room (with a pull out couch) and in the basement you have a full bedroom with King bed as well as a washer and dryer. You can't get any better than that especially for hockey! We had room to dry out the hockey gear in the basement or wash it and lots of room to make meals or have people over. This is way better than a hotel room! We had a pot luck one night for the team hosted in one of the bigger condos and it went over without a hitch! The best part the shuttle back and forth so the boys could go to the waterpark or arcade at the main hotel and back without requiring any drives by the parents. The entire team was so happy to be at such a nice location and I would highly recommend it! BTW, if you forget any food items or liquor, you can always purchase store at the onsite store at the main hotel. Reasonable prices and a wide variety of items available for purchase.

Room Tip: We stayed in condo unit 4011 which was a one bedroom and many of the families stayed in the same units (all were very good), clean and tidy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shelley L
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Been to Jay Peak resort 3 times and tried both the Tram House and the Jay Hotel and The Lodge is so much nicer! The rooms have this cottage feel ans are really comfortable and well designed.
Just love the place.

Room Tip: Studios are ok if you are a couple but small with a family...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank chagallvoyage
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We just spent the weekend at the Jay Peak Resort. Our room was in the Tram Haus Lodge. It was very new, spacious, and clean! We had a studio with kitchenette, a small dining area, gas fireplace and flat screen TV. The beds were so comfy, with down comforter and feather mattresses! We don't ski, but would definitely come back. If we were skiers, we'd be booking now!

The only downside: check in. The registration desk is small, with only two people. We waited almost half an hour to get checked in. The desk was clearly overwhelmed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family