“Cozy homelike stay close to Jay!”
Review of The Woodshed Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jay
The Woodshed Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Speciality Lodging in Jay
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

My wife, son and I stayed here in the Fir room. We were planning on snowboarding at nearby Jay Peak and Owls Head in Canada. We were not expecting to have a cookie cutter hotel stay. We were expecting a more rustic quilts on the beds and antique decor type of accommodations. My biggest factors were breakfasts included (check), hot tub on site (check), and proximity to Jay and Owls Head (double check two minutes to Jay, twenty to thirty to Owls Head). Chris and John the owners were very friendly and we loved their dog Maple. The breakfast was real Vermont Maple Syrup on great ingredients. The Fir Room has a private bath with whirlpool tub, was nice and quiet at night with a view of the outdoor hot tub. There was no refrigerator or tv in the room which would have been nice.The outdoor hot tub was awesome, we went out while it was snowing (very Vermont). The entire property made us feel at home. I wish we had stuck around for the dinner. If we come to Jay in the future we would stay here again, especially for the price.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank VERMONTCOUPLE

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've been going to Jay Peak for many years and have stayed at a variety of accommodations in the time that the resort has developed, from far away rental properties to trailside condos and I must say that this has been my favorite experience from an "enjoyment for the dollar" perspective. It's close to the mountain, filled with other like minded skiers, old (and new) ski posters, has plenty of places to lounge around, and gives you a great breakfast the next day. Not much more to ask for. The beds aren't the most comfortable and the bathrooms are kindof small, but if you're looking for a wallet friendly, fun place to crash after a long day of skiing, this is it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've stayed at the Woodshed twice - both times with my daughter and once with friends, too.

The rooms are comfortable, clean and the breakfasts are great. Unlike some other places, there is a small choice of menu items instead of just getting what's served that day. This is a huge plus when you have kids that won't just eat anything.

There is a friendly atmosphere amongst the guests and the hosts make you feel welcome. I'll be back - sooner than later!

Room Tip: Be early for breakfast. I think they stop serving at 9. Bring your own toiletries.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sbbar
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed last weekend at the Woodshed for one night with two families - one had five and the other three. Very rustic and basic accommodations but very comfortable. If you are looking for luxury - don't stay here. If you want comfort, a throwback to simpler accommodations and an amazing, hearty breakfast - this is the place for you. Bathrooms are shared but place was clean, friendly and perfectly located for Jay Peak. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is the perfect B & B for someone who wants a nice friendly place to stay before a day of skiing on the mountain. This is definitely not the place for a romantic getaway, but rather great for a group of friends.

Four of us stayed in a shared room with a shared bathroom for 1 night and the host family was friendly and welcoming. They were extremely accommodating as well. Breakfast was AWESOME. It was the heavy carb loading breakfast you need before hitting the slopes.

On a side note. I left my brand new mac book there upon checking out. When we went back for it in the afternoon there was a nice note by the owners saying they had found the computer and were waiting for me to pick it up.

A stand up excellent place, great value, friendly guests, hospitable hosts, clean rooms and comfortable beds.

Sidenote-the driveway up can be slick and icy at times.

Room Tip: Quad room was good for 4 single beds.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Owners and fellow guests are very friendly. You'll bond with other guests during the meals. I had a great time and can't wait until next season to get back. RSVP for dinner before you leave for the mountain. All meals were delicious.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The Woodshed is not your "romance novel" B and B. If you are looking for canopied beds and sachets, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a nice room, a good breakfast, friendly hosts and a short drive to Jay Peak, the Woodshed is what you want. I spent four nights while skiing at Jay and was very pleased. There are a lot of repeat customers and everybody is very friendly. I would certainly stay here again. There are a few things I would do for my next stay. One would be to bring a power strip. Like many B and B's, the rooms only have a few outlets and it seems we all have more devices to charge every year. I would also advise winter travelers to be sure they have snow tires or four wheel drive. The woodshed is at the top of a hill and when it snows, getting up the hill with "all season" tires and only two drive wheels can sometimes be an adventure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family