“A Place To Remember”
Review of The Woodshed Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jay
The Woodshed Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Speciality Lodging in Jay
Toronto
“A Place To Remember”
Reviewed 6 February 2010

Our family ( 3y.o. , 11y.o. boys , my wife and me ) stayed at Woodshed for 3 nights during a ski getaway at Jay Peak (about 10 minutes drive from Woodshed) .

The room was simple but sparkling clean , nothing fancy . But eh....is chalet accommodation and all we wanted is to get a shower and a good sleep before hitting the Jay Peak slopes for another day .

The owners ( friendly hosts btw) charge per room not per person as most other places around.

Breakfast was generous, included and always served with a smile . Eggs ,sausages , pancakes and french bread was part of the menu and freshly cooked on the spot each morning .

We also ate dinner one night here (must be preordered in the morning before you leave) . Very tasty 3 course meal at an incredible value...

The dining room has a wood stove and a... pleasant atmosphere (both literally and figuratively) to enjoy apres ski. There were darts to play as well as many board games available ( we ended up in playing chess one night and scrabble in an other ) . Moreover each corner is filled with something to discover for our 3.y.o. ..: “Yes ! That is a true antique firefighter helmet "

I liked very much staying here and I would recommend this place to any no-frills traveler . A place to remember....

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank GaudeamusIgitur

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
north america
Reviewed 17 October 2009

This was my first visit to the Woodshed Lodge, but it definitely will not be my last. However this is my first “review” of anything, so please bear with me. I seriously don't remember who told me about this bed and breakfast, all I do remember is, that he was a buddy of mine while in the RAF.

Until this weekend, I had never stayed in a bed and breakfast. I have to tell you that I was totally blown away by the atmosphere and the almost instant friendship between my group and the other guests.

This trip, I was with a co-worker from the private sector, my youngest son and one of his friends from the neighborhood. The skiing was the most challenging I had ever experienced on the east coast. My son and his friend absolutely loved it. They had never seen or boarded on a mountain quite as large, until then.

Another one of the highlights that weekend was running into some students from Rutgers University in New Jersey. While sitting in one of the many common areas at the Wood Shed, we had a debate about something political, or something involving business management, (not exactly sure now) that very first evening. The argument, whatever it was about got a bit “lively”, yet remained friendly, and respectful the entire stay. As a matter of fact we all skied, and boarded together the following days.

The food was absolutely delicious, filling, and worth everything we paid. I don’t even want to know what it would have cost had we gone out for dinner. At the same time we were not being “hurried out” for the next seating. We simply took our time, and relaxed! My hat is off to the chef, and her beautiful husband.

If you would like your teens or friends to have a wonderful, wonderful getaway, as well as to be challenged by a great mountain; Jay Peak is the place to go, and “The Wood Shed Lodge” is the place to stay, and meet friends for life.

As far as the "Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?" question, I just wish you had a choice for absolutely!

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Fairfield, CT
Reviewed 28 March 2008

If you're familiar with northern Vermont ski lodging, you know it's mostly not all posh and luxurious, and the Woodshed is no exception. But what you lose in luxury is more than made up for with the amazing warmth, welcome, and commeraderie of this place. The food is excellent, the innkeepers couldn't be more pleasant, and the lodgers seem invariably to be real lovers of skiing who are friendly and gregarious. The conversation at the wonderful breakfasts is by no means confined to individual tables. It bounces all around the room, as people share tips on where the best glade skiing is, stories of how their days have gone, and so on. At night, the adults tend to bring ample amounts of beer and wine to dinner and settle in for a festive meal, while the kids run around and play with new friends in a safe and virtually indestructible environment. The place always seems to provide an experience that is memorable and true. If you feel lost in the sea of suburban commercial existence, this is the antidote.

• Liked — The food , the hosts, and the guests.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank mthabetz
Burlington, VT
Reviewed 6 March 2007

Our family of three stayed here for a quick mid-winter getaway in March '07. This place is a family-friendly, cozy & warm country inn just 10 minutes' drive from Jay Peak. Your room is furnished with quilts and vintage furniture and there's lots of lounge spaces to curl up with a good book. A hearty country breakfast in the dining room (with a woodstove) is included; you can also request (in advance) dinner. Food portions are generous & served with a smile.
For about half the price you will pay at any of the nearby resorts, the value is terrific. (Their prices are per room, not per person.) No hot tub, golf course or spa facilities here, just nice friendly folks & ready access to some of the deepest powder & best glade skiing you will find anywhere in the Northeast. Check out the photos on their website.

2 Thank macwacks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jay
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Jay
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast ...
#1 of 2 in Montgomery Center
Jay Peak Resort

Been to The Woodshed Lodge? Share your experiences!