My husband, three kids and I just returned from our second stay at Smuggs. We stayed in a three bedroom Eagles unit (which I believe in one of the newer units) and our accommodations were great! Our kids were in the Nature and Hiking camp and Sound and Stage camps and they had a great week. My husband and I did the Water and Wine tour (canoe down to a local winery and have cheese, bread and sample wines and then are driven back to the resort ). My husband also went mountain biking and went fishing with our son. The girls and I attended a beading class which was fun. As a family (after the camps) we all went horseback riding together as well as playing tennis and going to the driving range---and swimming, too. It was an action packed week despite really crummy weather. This resort has it all---nice accommodations, camps for the kids, alone time for the adults and then time for the whole family together. All the employees we encountered were extremely nice. Be sure to take the drive to Stowe---a real twisty mountain road with incredible rock formations---pictures don't do it justice. If you're interested in horseback riding, try Brewster Ridge stables---super nice people and a great trail ride through forests and pastures. We will probably head back to Smuggs again next summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville