We just returned from a trip to Smugglers Notch. He had a 2 BR condo in the Villmarksauna building. Sure, it was a bit dated - but it was comfortable and very clean! We had a king bed plus a sofa (that I think was a pull-out) in the master, plus 2 twin beds and a trundle (total 3 beds) in the second bedroom. The living room also had a pull-out sofa, so there was plenty of space to sleep! The kitchen had everything we needed and we ate in most days. There's a small grocery store on site that had the essentials, though it was a bit on the expensive side (not unexpected). We got quite a bit of snow during our visit, so we didn't venture off resort property as much as we might have otherwise. It would have been nice to be able to leave the property more to explore the surrounding areas. It did feel that we were a bit secluded!
The ski school for kids here is REALLY GREAT! We loved that they had GPS trackers on the kids - and the instructors seemed like they genuinely enjoyed what they do. I also took an adult ski lesson and was pleased with the experience as well.
The Family Fun Zone was a really fun way to spend our evenings, as was the evening tubing! The indoor pool and hot tub were fine, nothing special, but not bad.
We ate at a couple of the restaurants and were underwhelmed, so we ate in most days. Could be that we just picked the wrong things to order. The pizza was pretty good, though - and we loved the Ben & Jerry's!
The on-site resort shuttle was super convenient. We rarely had to wait more than a couple of minutes for a shuttle to take us anywhere within the resort. We were a little concerned at first since our condo was a bit of a walk to the lifts, but it turned out not to be a problem at all!!
Overall, it was a very good experience and if we return to the area, we'd return to the resort. We may just not be a skiing family, so we might prefer to see what it's like in the summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville