Unit #57 in the Tamaracks is very new, and the 3 bedroom unit had a king bed master bedroom with Jacuzzi tub and a TV in the bathroom, a queen bedroom, and a 4 single bed bedroom, and a couch that had a sleeper. So you could have 10 people, enjoying 5 TV's, 2 baths, and a nice balcony, with a great view. We walked into the second floor and up a flight of stairs to our 3rd floor unit. Move in without an elevator was the only time we really missed it. There was no central air conditioning, only individual units in the 3 bedrooms, but it rarely gets hot up on the mountain. It was a 200 foot vertical climb on a winding dirt road from the base to our unit every time we went anywhere, and while shuttles were free and frequent, we were never told about them. The pools were plentiful and spread out all over the mountain. Mini golf was fun. The nightly entertainment changed daily with music trivia, a magician, a hypnotist, and afternoon bingo for cash or candy were enjoyed by all. There was a lot to do, and peaceful quiet if you chose. The drive through the actual "Notch" in the mountains was a narrow squeeze that entertained all. The kids did the Arbortrek zipline, and we drove up Mount Mansfield for the view. All the resort staff, including the younger lifeguards and counselors, were friendly and nice. We did sit through a Wyndham 'update' and had a bit of pressure to upgrade our timeshare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville