We went to Smuggler's Notch for a long weekend using an exchange week for our time share, so we didn't pay for our unit, and I'm not sure how it impacted which unit we got. We had a three bedroom condo for the four of us and we were shocked at how huge it was. It must have been 1400 square feet of do and we could have slept 8 plus a few in couches! The kitchen was well stocked, and everything was very clean and updated. Our furniture was new, with a couch, coffee table, and a couple of chairs by a gas fireplace. The resort itself had really good skiing, especially for the first week of December! We honestly weren't even sure this was going to be a skiing vacation. I will say though, that we were so surprised there weren't night trails because that is something we are used to...so wrapping up for the day at 5 - or was it 4??- was a bummer. The food at the resort is so-so and pricey, but it's typical ski lodge food. The activity fee was annoying to pay, but when we saw how much the kids actually enjoyed the kids zone (swimming, bounce houses, rope ladders, dancing, mini golf, and we played a bit of shuffle board ourselves), we didn't mind paying it. And the staff working in there were nice kids and were actually engaged in playing with the kids and teaching them how to play the different games. The town has some food choices, and there's quite an outlet mall no far away plus a movie theater. Overall, we had a memorable ski weekend at Smuggler's Notch and we have recommended it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers' Notch is a year round mountain resort offering acclaimed programs for families and seasonal activities including alpine and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and snowshoeing; enjoyment of 8 pools and 4 waterslides; guided hiking; children's programs and a zip line canopy tour. The resort village amenities include condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, restaurants, a child care center, two teen centers, a country store, a sport shop, a massage center, and winter ski & ride equipment rental and tuning/repair facilities. Smugglers' is nestled in Vermont's northern Green Mountains about 50 minutes from Burlington, Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Smugglers' Notch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers` Notch Hotel Smugglers Notch
- Smugglers' Notch Resort Vermont/Jeffersonville