“Almost Two Hours for Breakfast”

The Family Table Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The wait staff looks miserable, they ran out of food and where telling people they couldn't sit them. It looked as if the wait staff was miserable. My advice is that if you don't like servicing people and tourists then find another profession. Hospitality business is about making people comfortable on a vacation. The food was good, but two hours is inexcusable. Also, a place with a slogan of fresh local ingredients advertised on their website, was using Sysco Commercial type products all over the place, I even saw the truck pulled up delivering. Diners are more educated now, so please advertise the truth and provide the level of comfort you advertise.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I dined at The Family Table the other day while vacationing in the beautiful, lush green mountains of Vermont. Both of us had the broiled sea scallops served with fresh green beans on a bed of delicious mashed potatoes mixed with chives and cheese - one of the house specials that evening. My wife and I both feel that they were perhaps some of the best - if not THE BEST - scallops we have ever eaten in a restaurant anywhere. Our server, a polite and friendly young lady, was attentive to our needs without being intrusive. The restaurant was very clean and the decor and ambiance were pleasant. We are going back there again before we head back home.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The chef/owner is culinary trained and it is obvious. I live in Jeff and have eaten at all the restaurants, The Family Table menu is by far the most mature. The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant. If you are from out of town they will be very helpful with advise and directions on local offerings.
Try the fried chicken. It is something special. It takes a while to prepare but is well worth the wait. Try one of their excellent wines while waiting. The Family Table rivals any restaurant in Stowe. Jeffersonville is lucky to have it.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We went here for dinner, myself and my fiancé. We ordered a bottle of Pinot Grigio, which was a great price of $19. We also ordered the special app, maple chipotle chicken wings. They had to be up there with the best wings I've ever had - both in quality of wing and flavor! Delicious! For dinner, I ordered the rib eye and fiancé got the fried chicken. My steak was awesome, perfectly cooked with some sort of BBQ like glaze on top. I am usually a fan of simple steaks, but the glaze was very good. It was also served with green beans (just standard beans, nothing exceptional) and bacon and onion mashed potatoes. The potatoes were out of this word good - the best mashed I've ever had. I'm not a huge mashed fan, but they were awesome. Carmelized onion and huge chunks of bacon throughout. My boyfriend however, did not love his meal. The fried chicken was under seasoned, the mashed potatoes were ok - not sure why they bother serving any other mashed besides the bacon and onion! And the cole slaw was fine. But the fried chicken was just disappointing. We thought it would be much better than it was, especially for the price and the fact that it was a big seller on the menu (according to our server). Overall, a solid meal. Is it a bit pricey? a little. But the quality of food is good - just stay away from the fried chicken.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had gotten into Smugglers Notch after a lot of the local places had closed for dinner. (being between seasons, not too much is open past 8 or 9pm, even on a Friday night). We had gone into a bar looking for pub food, but they had also closed down their kitchen, but the bartender was nice enough to call The Family Table to see if they were still serving. They had already closed the kitchen and were cleaning, but John (the owner) wanted to know if burgers were ok. We said sure!! We were there within 15 minutes and took our food to go. They were so friendly and not uptight about having to cook two more burgers and fries. We were very thankful. The burgers and fries were awesome! We went back the next day for breakfast and that was awesome as well. Definitely a place we'll return to when we're back in the area! Thank you John for being kind enough to keep the kitchen open just a little bit longer!