“New name but failing big time!”
Review of Caroline's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Caroline's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Now called "The Fields" but not sure what they are trying to accomplish. We came with high expectations and were very disappointed! My girlfriend ordered the pork tacos and they were like leather and with no flavor. Service was slow and the restraunt was not that busy. The waiter was good and felt bad about the meal! Not sure if we will come back!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We dine out often. This was our first visit to Caroline's. The menu was very interesting. We had the mussels Caroline's-very tasty. I had the ribeye, done medium rare as I requested; it was a decent size cut but had just a little gristle. The gratin potatoes were awesome. My wife had the scallops Carolines-four nice perfectly cooked scallops. We had the chocolate and chiles dessert:smoked chocolate semifreddo, ancho chile mousse, almond tuile. Sounds a little weird; it was very tasty-a little spicy. I would have it again. Too bad they don't have a full service bar; I would have liked a martini. Instead, I had to settle for a beer in a non-chilled glass. Its not chilled because the beer salesman says the chill ruins the taste of the beer. I say to Hades with the beer salesman; I want my chilled beer glass. It is pricey at Caroline's but the experience is definitely worth it. We will go there again for sure.

1  Thank miltonman196
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We ate at the adjoining restaurant for lunch. Very nice stout-like beer! We had the Vegetable Panini. The bread was grilled just right covering sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms, and goat cheese.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Our first time at Caroline's was last night. VERY pleasantly surprised. Both dinners were excellent, and a bargain compared to most other local places with similar higher-end cuisine. Beef tenderloin ($24) was superb, and a very large portion (would guess at least 8 oz. Local perch ($22) was outstanding as well. Excellent fillet, wrapped in prosciutto, with a great mix of veggies, incl. local fiddlehead ferns, asparagus, squash, plus great mashed potatoes. The pea/mint/cream soup was super as well - and a large bowl for $6.

Excellent service too - easily on par with Trattoria, L'Amante, and the other higher-end places nearby. This will be on our A list from now on.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Well sourced, well prepared local food. Seasonable menu. Lovely service and ambiance. While not cheap, fairly priced (multiple course meal around $50 per person). Worth the trip.