“Needs some Tweaking”

Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Jericho
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Have been a total of four times. Like the food for the most part because its slightly creative but a little pricey for the portion sizes. The atmosphere is cozy and quaint and the the servers are very nice but somewhat aloof in noticing customers needs. Waited to long to be seated and greated.
Will try it again though because I think they have a good thing going, just hope they can tweak the weak spots.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I wrote a review a few months ago and commented that the service left so much to be desired. UPDATE: my husband, kids and I have been back a few times since then (and sometimes without the kids) and the folks at "the Cup" as us locals call it must be reading these reviews since the service has been excellent. We just returned from dinner tonight and discovered that they reconfigured the space. The bar is longer and they built a vestabule to catch the cold air so no one in the restaurant gets blasted. Sundays is kids eat free (sweet!) and their portions were big, plus they got a homemade cookie (try the molasses). I had a very generous glass of Malbec and my husband and I both had the mushroom ravioli with spinach and pine nuts. It was delicious. Then we ended with peanut butter pie which is among the best I ever had. And the service was spot on. If you're not stopping in, you're missing a great, low-key dining experience. But again, if you're not stopping in, it means there will be an open table for us when we return!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This place was ok. Not great, not terrible. The Vermonter Latte, hot cocoa, and the Vermont omelet were pretty tasty, but the challah bread French toast left a lot to be desired. It was undercooked :( Service was slow, and our server had not tried a lot of the dishes on the menu, so she was not able to tell us if items were good or not when we asked. I would stop again if I was in the area, but I wouldn't go rushing back.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

This restaurant is a gem. We have been regular dinner customers for about a year and we are always pleased with the food and the service. We haven't been in since they apparently changed the menu but the quality of the food in the past has always been solid. As I read the reviews below I was frankly surprised by how negative they are. I felt I had to comment and stick up for the place because some of them seem unnecessarily mean for the sake of being mean. Sure, we've had to wait for our food sometimes but the staff is always friendly, they know our names and we always feel welcome. We've sat at the bar on occasion when there wasn't a table available and had great service and conversation with the bartender, whose name escapes me. Its a good neighborhood spot. This is a country restaurant on a country road in a country town. We don't expect 'city' service. Its sad that so many of their reviewers seem to enjoy beating them down. Some people need to relax.

1  Thank Annie C
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We continue to give the Village Cup second chances, but now it has become a running joke with our neighbors. Bummer because it is close to home (less than a mile away). We are usually not this critical and have NEVER posted a comment about any restaurants but like a previous poster, we have loved this spot for many years (including the prior owner). The service is consistently slow and it does not really feel like the welcoming local restaurant that it once did. There is always a prolonged wait time to get seated, long wait time to have someone come to your table after you are seated, and the most frustrating is the wait time to get the check. We have even gone up to the counter to pay more than once. The other very disappointing issue it the lack of a dessert menu. Why? Even just a little list sharing what you have each day. Recently the waitstaff didn't even know what was available. Bummer. I do hope things are remedied as this could be a wonderful treasure of the town of Jericho.

1  Thank cessna182