“Somewhat Disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Vermont
“Somewhat Disappointing”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We had previously enjoyed the predecessors at this location, so thought we'd give Sunday Brunch a try with some friends.

Service was friendly, but very uneven. Took 15 minutes to get coffee to our table (they had a steady flow of customers, but it's not like it was packed wall-to-wall.)

I had the "Jericho Settler’s Veggie Hash Skillet", and found it very lackluster. It consisted abut 75% of shredded carrots, sauteed onions, a little bit of corn. The menu said it had a hollandaise sauce, but if there was any in it, it was very sparse. The dish was tasteless, very bland, almost like something was forgotten. The poached eggs were way overcooked. And even the toast (I asked for wheat, but got white) was dry.

Not on my list to repeat soon. The decor was nice, that may be the only thing that brought my rating up to an average.

• Visited June 2013

Vermont
“Over-priced, lackluster service, little for vegetarians”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We had been to the Village Cup (the bistro recently reborn as Fields) many times and it was nice having a reasonably-priced restaurant in town. We didn't understand why the owner ended the Cup, and the very overpriced Caroline's, but wanted to give Fields a try. we were disappointed.
We didn't learn about specials as our server didn't tell us about them, but we later heard a server telling another table about them. my husband had an average burger and I had to order an appetizer as dinner as the only vegetarian option had goat cheese, which I don't like. he food was average, but priced more than it deserved.

• Visited May 2013
Columbus,OH
“Classic Vermont farmhouse restaurant”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had a nice sunday brunch that could have been worth 5 stars except for the poorly executed waffle monte cristo sandwich which was highly recommended by the server. The sandwich was far from the classic. It was a dry belgian waffle split in half. The filling was also a dry egg and ham. Didn't taste any cheese and there was no egg batter to crisp it up. My friend had a tasty sausage omelette. The coffee was refilled liberally and service was pleasant and quiet.

• Visited May 2013