“New Owners, New Energy”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Locals are flocking to JCAT. The new owners, who are experienced in the restaurant industry, are clearly working on making JCAT a great place to visit. The food is quite good, the selection is varied, and waiting time for the meals has decreased. Some aspects still need attention, however. For example, service -- the wrong food was delivered to the table, there were (honest) mistakes on the bill, and acoustics -- the dining room is noisy on a busy night. All in all, however, JCAT is trending up! We look forward to visiting again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This place keeps changing hands. Not sure if it is the location or the owners. Recently had dinner at the latest version of this restaurant. Upscale sandwiches, comfort foods, and more - was with a large party that sampled many dishes. Everyone was generally please. Hard floors make for noise when crowded though.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I had the very best Reuben sandwich I have ever had there... then I went back for breakfast, :( disappointed - portions were not large - and they still are serving dry toast with cold butter on the side? I don't understand that at all -- so by the time you get your toast buttered (or not as the butter was very cold) the rest of your meal is cold too - please butter my toast in the kitchen so it melts into my toast - if I want it dry I will order it that way --
the service was good and the prices are typically high for Jericho -

Reviewed 1 February 2014

At the suggestion of our son, as we were riding back from Burlington, he suggested this tavern. They apparently have changed owners several times recently. The new owners, in our opinion, have hit the jackpot for the locals and visitors. You may choose to sit in the dining room for a quieter experience or in the café/tavern (which was delightful). The scallop dinner was recommended to me as a favorite and it was spot on! Son's NY Strip was cooked perfectly. It was tender and delicious. Hubby's bacon wrapped meatloaf--WOW, flavors galore. Too full to try the homemade desserts, but that could be a coffee trip in itself. Tim, the evening supervisor, was attentive, kind and pleasant to talk too. All around great experience and hope to visit again when we return to the area in the summer. A must try!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

New owners for what was the Village Cup and then Fields are just what this little restaurant needed. The food is fabulous and the service is great. We are thrilled!

1  Thank Beth O