“Great meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just come back from The Jericho Tavern where I have to say we had a fantastic meal. Ian and Peter were so attentive and I can not fault the food, service or ambience. There is a lot of competition close by but I wouldld definitely recommend this friendly pub

Reviewed 25 April 2014

It's interesting when you get to keep trying new-old places. The latest owners seem to be on the right track, at least from what we saw with a mid-week breakfast.

I had a sausage biscuit skillet with poached eggs, was very well done. My wife had a stack of strawberry covered pancakes that was huge! Four plate filling cakes, with plenty of strawberries between all of the layers. She let me try a bite, they were delicious. Very light, well done.

Huge mugs of great coffee, good service. Definitely will repeat.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Every time this restaurant changes hands, I give it a try, hoping it will be as good as the original Village Cup. A friend and I at the latest incarnation of the Jericho Cafe and Tavern (formerly Fields, formerly Caroline's, formerly The Village Cup) on a Tuesday night. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I ordered the haddock stuffed with seafood. There was far more stuffing than haddock. The stuffing was very salty, and the fish was undercooked. For dessert, we ordered a fruit tart from the dessert case. It was as hard as a rock (possibly stale?) and virtually impossible to cut into. When we got up to leave, I noticed that the floor beneath our table was strewn with green beans and other detritus from previous diners. AT this point, I'm not inclined to return.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Locals are flocking to JCAT. The new owners, who are experienced in the restaurant industry, are clearly working on making JCAT a great place to visit. The food is quite good, the selection is varied, and waiting time for the meals has decreased. Some aspects still need attention, however. For example, service -- the wrong food was delivered to the table, there were (honest) mistakes on the bill, and acoustics -- the dining room is noisy on a busy night. All in all, however, JCAT is trending up! We look forward to visiting again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This place keeps changing hands. Not sure if it is the location or the owners. Recently had dinner at the latest version of this restaurant. Upscale sandwiches, comfort foods, and more - was with a large party that sampled many dishes. Everyone was generally please. Hard floors make for noise when crowded though.