Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Killington, Vermont
“Great Place”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We own a condo here and we love it. Its so close to Killington and there's a bus that goes from our place to Snowshed about every 15 minutes. There's a great restaurant in the main building as well as a spa with a workout room, full size pool, two hot tubs, a steam room and a sauna! This place is the perfect small getaway place for a great weekend of skiing. Lots of owners who are willing to rent their place too!

Room Tip: Lots of owners who are willing to rent their place to those looking. Some do not do it through the r...
1 Thank Lily H

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. The condos were roomier than expected and fairly clean. Common areas could definitely use some updating. Free firewood, nice jacuzzi, underground parking, and location to slopes were very nice. The front desk staff, particularly Barbara, was very rude over the phone and not much better in person. I would stay here again but only with a large group of people. As a couples place, this is definitely a no go.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NHSP212
New York
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at Building 1, unit A3 from Jan 10-12. I rented direct from the owner that I found on HomeAway. I usually stay in Sunrise, but since we were just going for a quick weekend I thought we'd try this; it was significantly less expensive. Building one is behind the main building and condo had a ski locker, which was good because the A level rooms are a flight downstairs and it would have been a pain to carry the skiis up and down. The main building has some nice amenities; pool, hot tubs; ski shop; bar; It's a little bit of a pain to walk up to the main building if you're in building 1 or 2.
THINGS I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH;
This particular unit was a 2 br 1.5 bath. I hated not having a full second bath. Will never rent that again.
This particular unit is very old. In need of a total overhaul! Kitchen had very minimal cooking utensils.
These units don't have washer/dryers in the units. You have to go up 2 flight of stairs and you need 6 quarters for a wash or dry. I wish someone would have told me that ahead of time. I had to search the resort to get someone to give me enough quarters to dry our clothes.

THINGS I LIKED"
having the pool and hot tubs relatively close and indoors was nice. It rained on Sat of our trip and we lasted until 1pm and then started to freeze! The indoor warm hot tub was great.
The shuttle to this resort runs constantly!! never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to or from the mountain.
The ski shop was convienent also. I dropped my skiis off to get sharpened at 5pm and they were ready in the morning.
There was an arcade in the main building and it gave my son something to do for a little at night.
(although it was closed on sat night???)
It was cheap for being so close to the mountain.

If I were to rent here again I would find a larger unit that's updated in the main building.

Room Tip: Get a condo in building 3 and on a higher floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Booked direct and stayed at Mountain Green from Dec 29 to Jan 04 with wife and 2 teenage kids age 13 and 16. We have stayed before in buildings 1 and 2 but this time we stayed in building 3 (main building) condo C06. This is a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom condo. The bedding for this unit consists of a double bedroom and both a double and single sleeper sofa in the living room. Plenty of space for a family of 4 and the layout of the condo worked out well for us as there was an alcove behind the fireplace which was partitioned off with a screen. A bit of furniture rearrangement gave us effectively a double bedroom, a single bedroom and a sleeper sofa.

Everything was clean and worked although the fire smoked a bit. Heating coped with sub zero (°F) temperatures. Kitchen equipment was sufficient for breakfast although we may have struggled to cook a full dinner. We could have perhaps done with more bedding supplied as we had to ask for extra. My only real complaint was the girl who checked us in was abrupt to the point of rudeness.

We stay here for the convenience to the slopes and the health club – fills a couple of hours between the slopes and dinner – and were not disappointed. Again the skiing was exceptional and a good time was had by all. Would we stay here again? Probably. Don’t expect luxury but if what you are looking for is a good, basic, convenient condo then this might be it. My overall impression was a resort, which could be exceptional, being run on a very tight budget and falling slightly apart – the bar/restaurant has just reopened (how long will it last this time?) and the mini-mart has been closed for a long time. Shame!

2 Thank MarlowTraveller3
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 January 2014

if you want a detailed and accurate review on this place, here it is. we rented a 2 bedroom so-called "condo" for the week of new years. btw let me just say that my wife, her family, my family and myself are no strangers to killington what so ever, and we're just not some yuppy out-of-towners use to a posh stay at a resort. we know this isn't a five star place in the least bit and have been to pretty much every place in and around killington. we've stayed here 3 times total. renting 3 bdrm "condos". the past 2 times were fair stays with some minor bumps in the road.... willing to over look things, we thought we'd give this place one more try since the ice breaker was that all amenities were in house (building 3) and the location. we've been told by people many times in the past that this place is a total crap shoot, a hit or miss, and a dump.... well our last visit was a horrible miss.. first we had a rude check in. the woman at the desk made a face about our room when we asked if it was the one we requested and had been confirmed before our arrival. she actually wanted to show us the room to see if we would be pleased with it right after she said that it was the only 2 bdrm available in the entire place, and that the room wasn't even ready yet. yea, we're going to decline the room, lose our deposit and go room hunting right before new years..... the look on my face was astounding.... so we finally get to our room by the way was (A6,) the floor right over the garage.. please avoid this dump at all costs. first, the back of the couch was burnt to a crisp. we realized this b/c it gave off a weird odor when we turned the heat up to 90. yes we had to turn the heat up in all the rooms, which worked minimally. i had to stick towels in the window sills to cut off the drafts b/c it was so bad. the beds were so cheap, the worst nights sleep we've ever had at a stay in killington, & the coffee pot fizzed out on us. we usually cook a few dinners and the cooking utensils were at a bare minimum. i mean this place looked like the owners just didn't care at all. only that the place was being rented regularly and they were making their cut......the last time we stayed here was 2011 and i have to say this place has declined so much in any kind of quality that it used to have. in our past visits here we at least had heat and a decent view. i know i might sound like a complaining nag, but we're not college kids, singles group, or a group of ski bums just looking to rough it and just hit the hill. its a holiday weekend at what they advertise as a "ski & golf resort". oh yea, the inhouse restaurant was never open, and when it was it only took cash, with an out-of-order atm machine conveniently located right by the door..... our stay here was just so sickening that at the end of it all i was finding every little thing just to get out of there (pubic hairs behind the toilet, old food stains on the pans, broken sliding door handle with no lock, etc...) the only positive thing about the stay was we had awsome skiing. i wanted to stay in the lodge all night..ohh let me not forget, our patio and living room window overlooked a nice dumpster, and yes at 5:00 am the trash collector was definitely on time banging away at that dumpster to get every last bit of trash out of it...and when the trash dumpster was gone that space was utilized by our friendly plow truck. who had his diesel engine purring for hours, idling right by our porch for a delightful morning song, while he was off shoveling somewhere. atleast we had a good fire.... we all laughed at the fact that with all the technology, we all huddled up by the fire for heat and wondered what else can go wrong. ohh let me not forget about our towel exchange, our receptionist told us that for the length of our stay we were only allowed one towel change and another for an additional charge.... we had 2 bathrooms, only 1 had the towel change... starting to see a pattern here???? i think corporate needs to have a sit down with the owners and think things over here...but the bottom line is the only thing you get here is location and that's the hook line and sinker. it stinks that every room there is a gamble. if your looking for some quality close to the mountain, try the killington grand or trail creek, they are much better, from experience....with the pool, spa, restaurant, in the main building our main reason for coming back there, it just simply wasn't worth it. this place is geared for and prays on a crowd that doesn't care much for quality. we fell for it for the last time and won't ever be back here. and i strongly recommend looking into other places before choosing this dump.

Room Tip: try to request a good room with a good view. keep calling and try to confirm in writing.....
5 Thank Johnny O

Travellers are raving about these Killington hotels

Torrington, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband, Aunt, and I usually come to killington for New Years. We have stayed at the mountain Green in the past a few times, but the past couple years stayed at trail creek. We decided to go back to mountain Green this time. BIG MISTAKE! Kathy, our receptionist, who checked us in was extremely rude. My aunt booked our reservations months in advance and made a request to have at least a mountain view in the front of the building.....WELL......we had a good view of the dumpster. Kathy placed us on floor A. Our room had no heat. A couch that was completely burned from being against the heater, the carpets were so gross. The oven was dirty. Our bedrooms were ice cold. We woke up in the morning freezing and putting our ski clothes on was a nightmare all our clothes were like ice!!! My Aunt caught a nasty cold. We had to keep the fire going as that was our only heat! We needed extra towels and getting those was like pulling teeth!! The market went out of business....the restaurant was not open at 4pm like was advertised. The elevators were so slow you would think the building was 20 stories high. Needless to say....we will not be going back there. Goodbye Mountain Green, you lost our business!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Jenniferotoole83
Keswick, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Arrived a day early to beat a storm and upon arrival the front office staff was able to move my room so that I could stay the night in the same room I would be staying throughout the rest of my trip. A particular staff member (you know who you are!) was actually kind enough to go to the store for me when I was too intoxicated to drive. Definitely staying at this hotel again when I come back just because of the great staff!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
#2 of 13 in Killington
Mountain Sports Inn
Mountain Sports Inn
#4 of 14 in Killington

Been to Mountain Green Resort? Share your experiences!