Message from TripAdvisor:

“Fabulous Summer Vacation”

Mountain Green Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was introduced to the Mountain Green through a family member and had no expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Most units are independently owned and apparently I was lucky to be in one that was owned by someone that understands their clientel. It was decently appointed, VERY clean, and quite comfortable. While most wouldnt choose to visit Killington in the summer we had a wonderful time relaxing, swimming in the heated pool, and hiking all over gorgeous Killington. My 9 year old said to me on the first night, "This place is different but it's a good different." He was quite comfortable staying here. The resort is pet friendly (for owners) so I expected a smell or annoying dogs barking but there was minimal noise and no smell. Laundry is on the lower level and yes the elevators are slow but when we werent carrying anything, it was the perfect reason to take the stairs. If you want a nice place to stay, please request Building 2, unit D02. You are welcome.

Room Tip: 2D2 And I believe 2A2 are owned by the same owner and have a smilar feel in the unit (I was able to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie R
MtGreenBOD, Owner at Mountain Green Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your response.

Yes, summer in Vermont is wonderful! With the outdoor pool right behind the 9th hole of the golf course, and the short walk to great events at Killington.. it's an under appreciated season here.

And you are correct, all the units at Mt Green are individually owned and managed. We've put a lot of effort into updating the common areas and amenities for our owners and their guests. But your in-suite experience can vary greatly, depending on the owner and rental company you choose. Unit 2D2 is only available on VRBO.com by the way.

Thanks for the nice review and glad you enjoyed your stay!

Mt Green BOD

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family and I just returned from a fantastic weekend at Killington, and we stayed at the Mountain Green. After reading some scathing reviews on Trip Advisor I was quite concerned, especially since we have two young children. Prior to our visit I called to confirm our reservation and the woman I spoke to was quite rude which set my wheels in motion worrying about what kind of condo we would get.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Barbara who was very pleasant, and seemed genuinely concerned about my ‘maintenance’ worries. We had room E2 in building 2, which I have to say turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Sure the décor was quite dated (80’s flashback) and some things could be renovated (old TVs, calico wallpaper, very dated furniture), but overall the room was clean and it looked like the owners of the condo actually cared and used the unit. Because I was so paranoid about the room after reading other reviews I brought my own sheets and cleaning supplies (I am VERY particular about hotels), which made me feel much more comfortable. Everything was in working order and we were quite comfortable in the room. It was spacious and we had great views – the balcony looked out on the mountain (to the right) and the bedroom windows looked out on the golf course.

The problem with the hotel as I see it, is that each unit is individually owned so you don’t know what you are going to get. Some people take care of the unit (like the unit we had) while others seem like they just let it run into the ground without any concern about others who may stay there. If it is possible to request rooms I would say that E2 in building 2 is a good choice, and it is really a shame that other people had such a negative experience in other units.

As for the hotel itself, I think there is so much potential for it to be a fantastic place, but it appears that there isn’t enough maintenance staff to properly care for the rooms (general housekeeping) and common areas. I think we saw one person doing maintenance-ish work inside the hotel. If a hotel management company came in and upgraded the restaurant (we didn’t go in but it looked a bit sketchy), lobby and the shops (although the people working in Black Dog Sports seemed very nice) it would be much more of a destination. The pool area was recently upgraded – I hope that the management company continues along the path and realizes that this can be a really great hotel. I would also suggest setting standards for the rooms (which may be unrealistic) so that it is not so hit or miss. You can’t beat the location – literally 2 minutes from Ram’s Head and Snowshed and very close to the many restaurants and shops along the access road. Plus taking the complimentary bus from Killington to the hotel is super convenient, even with a 4 year old in tow.

Luckily we had a very positive experience, but I do wish that we could make future reservations with confidence that we would get an equally well-maintained room for future ski trips.

Room Tip: Look for reviews on specific rooms so that you have a better chance at getting a well-maintained roo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AM1027
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We arrived for a 2 night/3 day ski vacation with a group of friends we booked through Sno-Search. We were greeted with a smile by Barbara at the front desk who had remembered us from previous trips. Although we had arrived early, Barbara had informed us that our condo was ready and that we could check in early if we wanted. This was wonderful as it was freezing rain outside and none of us really wanted to ski the 1/2 day in those conditions. The condo was a very nicely appointed 2 bedroom/2 bath. It had 2 floors and the stairs were a nice workout after skiing all day. It had a new flat screen TV above the fireplace. The firewood was dry and it was easy to get a fire going. The condo met our needs for this trip and I would stay in this unit again. Dave and the crew at Black Dog Sports (Pro Shop) conveniently located in the main building took very good care of us with tuning and equipment rentals. We did not visit Slope Side (Restaurant/Bar) this trip, but it looked very inviting with food and drink specials that were advertised seemed fairly priced. The Health Club was clean and everything was functional, however a couple of my staff members were "approached" about an "issue" that happened in January and we hadn't been there since early December. Ultimately we had a great time and can't wait to return for our March trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CHRIS H
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was shocked to read some of the recent, downright nasty reviews of Mountain Green. People seem to have left reviews like this is a hotel. In one case it certainly seemed liked the reviewers were out to get the particular unit. It is important to note that these are all individual condo units so you are often times comparing apples and oranges. This is not a Marriott or Hilton where you can blame "corporate" for everything. It's also important to note why you are here. You are here to ski, not spend time in a condo.

We stayed at 1B-9 for several nights. The unit was clean, had flat screen tvs, new leather furniture and plentiful kitchen items. Were a couple of appliances dated? Yes. DId I care? No. The shower had great pressure and plentiful hot water. What more do you want in a shower?

You can't beat the shuttle bus convenience. The main building has a small restaurant which is ok in a pinch. The pool was clean and ample in size; perfect for a dip after skiing.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We own a condo here and we love it. Its so close to Killington and there's a bus that goes from our place to Snowshed about every 15 minutes. There's a great restaurant in the main building as well as a spa with a workout room, full size pool, two hot tubs, a steam room and a sauna! This place is the perfect small getaway place for a great weekend of skiing. Lots of owners who are willing to rent their place too!

Room Tip: Lots of owners who are willing to rent their place to those looking. Some do not do it through the r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lily H
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed for two nights. The condos were roomier than expected and fairly clean. Common areas could definitely use some updating. Free firewood, nice jacuzzi, underground parking, and location to slopes were very nice. The front desk staff, particularly Barbara, was very rude over the phone and not much better in person. I would stay here again but only with a large group of people. As a couples place, this is definitely a no go.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NHSP212
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at Building 1, unit A3 from Jan 10-12. I rented direct from the owner that I found on HomeAway. I usually stay in Sunrise, but since we were just going for a quick weekend I thought we'd try this; it was significantly less expensive. Building one is behind the main building and condo had a ski locker, which was good because the A level rooms are a flight downstairs and it would have been a pain to carry the skiis up and down. The main building has some nice amenities; pool, hot tubs; ski shop; bar; It's a little bit of a pain to walk up to the main building if you're in building 1 or 2.
THINGS I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH;
This particular unit was a 2 br 1.5 bath. I hated not having a full second bath. Will never rent that again.
This particular unit is very old. In need of a total overhaul! Kitchen had very minimal cooking utensils.
These units don't have washer/dryers in the units. You have to go up 2 flight of stairs and you need 6 quarters for a wash or dry. I wish someone would have told me that ahead of time. I had to search the resort to get someone to give me enough quarters to dry our clothes.

THINGS I LIKED"
having the pool and hot tubs relatively close and indoors was nice. It rained on Sat of our trip and we lasted until 1pm and then started to freeze! The indoor warm hot tub was great.
The shuttle to this resort runs constantly!! never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to or from the mountain.
The ski shop was convienent also. I dropped my skiis off to get sharpened at 5pm and they were ready in the morning.
There was an arcade in the main building and it gave my son something to do for a little at night.
(although it was closed on sat night???)
It was cheap for being so close to the mountain.

If I were to rent here again I would find a larger unit that's updated in the main building.

Room Tip: Get a condo in building 3 and on a higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family