We booked at North Star Lodge last minute for MLK weekend at Killington. Booking less then a week in advance there were not too many choices in the area and decided on North Star due to location, price and the outdoors heated pool. The pool was great! Very relaxing after our drive up and after skiing. We have driven by the hotel many times, so knew the location was fairly convenient being right on the main drag of the access road. Easy drive to restaurants, bars and the mountain. The hotel itself is looking a bit dated, especially on the inside, and could use some freshening up. Although, we've found this to be the case with most hotels in the area. They definitely live off the draw of Killington Mountain. The room was satisfactory, and pretty clean. Beds are a bit stiff, but slept just fine, again everything is just a bit dated. I will say that the front desk staff was always available and very friendly and helpful when we needed anything, some reviews on here state the opposite, we did not find that to be the case, but maybe we just lucked out with good people while we were there. The gentleman who runs the bar was also very friendly. I had heard that they have exceptional wings, when we went to order some he informed us that unfortunately he was having an issue with his fryer. We ordered a pizza to be delivered which they kindly let us eat at the bar, even thought the food was not from them. In the meantime he got the fryer going, and gave us a complementary order of wings! They were excellent, slightly sweet and slightly spicy, very tender! Overall, we did enjoy our time at the North Star Lodge, and would stay again when the rates aren't quite so high as they were on a holiday weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome...North Star Lodge is a Killington, Vermont tradition, nestled at the base of Killington Ski Resort, which stretches across six majestic mountains. With its beautiful lodge, full suites and rooms to suit every vacationer, North Star is a Killington tradition you will want to make your own. Discover the back roads of Vermont, ski Killington, go antique hunting or sit by the fire with a good book - it's all at your fingertips at North Star in Killington.Take a moment to look at our photo gallery and imagine yourself at North Star. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your North Star Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Star Hotel Killington
- North Star Killington
- North Star Lodge Killington, Vermont