“Excellent experience!”

Appalachian Trail Adventures
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Killington
More attraction details
Owner description: Appalachian Trail Adventures is a hiking spa that provides daily guided hikes, caving and kayaking throughout the Green Mountains of Vermont for adventurist of all abilities on the Appalachian Trail. ATA's all inclusive Hiking Vacation consists of an air conditioned room with three daily meals, snacks, guided novice, intermediate or advanced hike and afternoon kayaking, caving or an excursion. ATA also provides daily customized group or private guided hikes, kayaking and caving throughout the Green Mountains of Vermont for hikers of all abilities. With over 20 years of experience, we have chosen trails with the best scenic mountain vistas, waterfalls, historical features and lakes. In the fall, we offer some of the most spectacular foliage hiking in New England.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first hiking trial and I was pleasantly surprised by the staff. There were guides enough to accommodate all experience levels. Everything was covered and all I needed was to enjoy myself! Thanks, John!

All reviews
"personal guide"
"own pace"
"awesome guides"

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We did a girls' weekend to celebrate my friend's birthday. We stayed at the Summit Lodge and did one day with Appalachian Trail Adventures. Hiked in the morning and kayaked in the afternoon. John picked a hike that was perfect for us and the kayaking in the lake was the most relaxed I've been in a long time. The guides were absolutely wonderful. They were very attentive to our needs and perfect companions. The meals that came with the package were great and just the right portions. Dinner at the Foundry was great. It did not hurt that we also had a perfect weather weekend. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and twin 21 yr old daughters joined me on a hiking vacation in Vermont this year, so we went back to The Summit Lodge in Killington where John has his Appalachian Trail Adventure headquarters. Such a stress free, adventure filled 5 days hiking every morning after a wonderful breakfast followed by an afternoon of kayaking (we had never done it) with seasoned guides and other guests. Love the Green Mountains, the Long Trail and all this beautiful state has to offer. Love love love it!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Hiking every day on a variety of trails including the Appalachian and Long trail. Good attention to individual levels. Kayaking on ponds, lakes and rivers. I had never kayaked before and John and the other guides were encouraging and supportive. By the last day, I kayaked the river and enjoyed it immensely! Great guides and good food. Comfortable inn with a nice pool to relax in after the day of hiking. The area is beautiful and easy to get to.