“Weekend Fall Hike”

Appalachian Trail Adventures
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Killington
More attraction details
Owner description: Appalachian Trail Adventures is a hiking spa that provides daily guided hikes, caving and kayaking throughout the Green Mountains of Vermont for adventurist of all abilities on the Appalachian Trail. ATA's all inclusive Hiking Vacation consists of an air conditioned room with three daily meals, snacks, guided novice, intermediate or advanced hike and afternoon kayaking, caving or an excursion. ATA also provides daily customized group or private guided hikes, kayaking and caving throughout the Green Mountains of Vermont for hikers of all abilities. With over 20 years of experience, we have chosen trails with the best scenic mountain vistas, waterfalls, historical features and lakes. In the fall, we offer some of the most spectacular foliage hiking in New England.
King of Prussia, PA
“Weekend Fall Hike”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My 26 yo daughter and I ventured up for a weekend hike last fall and had a great time! We enjoyed a few hikes, some longer, some shorter, and a kayak trip on a local lake, John personally guided us on the lake kayaking, which made it easy on us beginners. We made friends on the trip with some folks from South Dakota, and had dinner out at a restaurant in Woodstock VT. An all around great trip. One of our hikes took us up beside a waterfall, which was extremely beautiful We plan to make this an annual event.

Visited October 2012

Montreal, Canada
“What a great time!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My daughter Krystyna wanted adventure and a physical challenge - while I just wanted to get off the grid. John and his ATA team of Aeolus (he's the best hiker! - mind you he has two more legs than the rest of us!), Betsy and Sam ensured that we both got the vacation of a lifetime. The hike up Killington Peak (I'm sure we could almost see our home in Canada from the top), the kayaking and the caving (can you spell f-u-n!) and the yoga at the end of each day were the perfect combo.

Those few days meant so much more than words can express. For me, the underlying feeling of being taken care by experts allowed me to be braver than I normally would have been....and being able to share that experience with my daughter was priceless...Thank you John...R

Visited June 2013
“tailor made hiking”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

guides were friendly and encouraging. stunning hikes. good, fresh and very healthy food. a very good package all in all.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I did 5-day hiking with ATA a few weeks ago and each day was a great experience!! John is a very caring and well-prepared guide who took us to a different hike every day, The lodge is comfortable, staff is very friendly, breakfasts and lunches are very nicely done. The local restaurant has a set menu for those who bought an ATA hiking package. Hopefully, they will expand the menu to include more choices for vegans. Overall, we both enjoy the vacation. Thank you, John!!

Visited August 2013
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first hiking trial and I was pleasantly surprised by the staff. There were guides enough to accommodate all experience levels. Everything was covered and all I needed was to enjoy myself! Thanks, John!

Visited October 2012