“Great location, friendly and accommodating staff. Kinda stuck in the 70's”

Cascades Lodge Killington
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Reviewed 2 January 2008

Stayed at the Cascades for some Vermont skiing right before New Year's. Even though we didn't stay New Year's Eve, prices were still very expensive. The location was great and overall had a nice stay. The lodge itself was pleasant and homey. The staff was very accommodating - especially Pia. We missed the deadline for complimentary breakfast, but they were kind enough to still serve us a nice big breakfast for free. Rooms seemed clean, but had a slight musty odor and definitely need updating. Don't stay on the same level as the pool, you will be bombarded with chlorine. Unfortunately, like the music in the restaurant, certain things are stuck in the 70's. The bed comforters look 30 years old and the mattresses feel 30 years old - makes it hard on the muscles after a day of skiing. The window drapes broke when closing. Couches in the suite are ok, kinda small and not very plush. Kept having to bang on the TV to get reception (not fun when you're exhausted from skiing). Pool and jacuzzi are very nice and good for sore muscles. Breakfast in the restaurant is very good, dinner is mediocre. Chicken cordon bleu was probably a Tyson TV dinner. Red snapper was surprisingly decent. However, service was always excellent. Only reason I'm giving this a 3 instead of a 4 is based on the price. With prices like that, they can afford to update the rooms. But, Killington in general is pricey, especially during Christmas-New Year's.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 April 2007

I love the Cascades Lodge, it's my home away from home!
Where else do you get a Hungry Man's included with the room for no charge! My partner and I stay there every time we ski Killington.
We also stay there in the summer off season for a getaway.
Where else can you come down to breakfast in your slippers and the staff doesn't bat an eye. The front desk staff has gone out of their way for us when I had car trouble, the General Manager Amy gave me a ride into Rutland to pick up a rental car. The morning chef Chris flips a mean "Over Easy" and Killer Pancakes. The Dining Room Manager Tim is a well spring of local information, where to go, what to do ask him, if he doesn't know he'll find out. He even picked up an ace bandage for my partner when he sprained his thumb. The owner Pia helped me shovel my car out last time I stayed there........She even offered us the use of her own personal car on one of my stays.
I stayed there the same weekend as "Jeeplover" and "Skibum9988". I don't think we stayed at the same hotel. The pool was sparkling. Rooms were VERY clean, not musty or smelly. The staff is the most accomodating you will find anyplace in Killington, I have stayed at most all the hotels there. Not many will drop what they are doing and help you out like the people at the Cascades will do.
I also work in the hospitality field, if you show up with more than the number of people you booked the room for you will be charged more.

Is terrific to sit in their hot tub at the Cascades with a cold beer after a hard day on the slopes and gaze out the windows looking out on the mountain and watch the snow gently falling.
(Chuck the Masseur had worked his magic, I was jello)
You can walk over to Snowshed Base area or take their shuttle service that runs all day.
The views are even more breath taking in the fall when the foliage had turned colors...
Give them an A+, will be back again and again, great value.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank timbovt
Reviewed 10 March 2007

I've been a loyal guest at The Cascades Lodge for about 10 years now. It is my families home away from home. We just returned after our third stay this year. We had a wonderful time. We love the cozy immaculately clean rooms, the great breakfast, and the staff who make us feel like family. Thanks for all the great service past and present......great job!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
15  Thank willow_peace
Reviewed 2 March 2007

I am not sure who is writing the other comments on here because they can't be about this Lodge. The place was every dirty, room was smelly, and they tried to overcharge us. The pool was icky.

When yu are away skiing, you want a warm, relaxing place to stay, not be given a hard time the staff and have allergies in your smelly room.

Will never go back.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Skibum9988
Reviewed 9 October 2006

This is our first visit to the lodge which has a new owner. We found it clean, well-kept, with sumptious breakfast and caring, polite staff. The lodge is well-located near the gondola which we went up to get great views of fall foliage. The rooms are large and comfortable. I hope to return to Cascades Lodge for skiing this winter.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
3  Thank SunrayYoga
Reviewed 28 September 2006

Spectacular views, immaculate accommodations, great value and hummingbirds feeding outside the restaurant windows at breakfast. The Cascades Lodge is that "find" we all hope to stumble onto while exploring the countryside. The relaxed atmosphere and good-natured staff made us feel we were visiting with friends.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
3  Thank pbmama
Reviewed 16 May 2005

We came on one of the golf packages and found out there are new owners at the Cascades Lodge. They have started making some improvements to the Inn in the rooms and lounge area. We found the Inn to be clean and comfortable and not at all stuffy. We were especially happy to hear the Inn had become non-smoking. John and Amy, two of the managers, were both very friendly and quite welcoming to us while we were there. It was also great to be able to bring our dog. We are looking forward to trying one of their ski packages next season.

• Stayed: April 2005
7  Thank David H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
The Mountain Inn
Killington Grand Resort Hotel
Summit Lodge & Resort
Summit Lodge & Resort
#3 of 13 in Killington

Been to Cascades Lodge Killington? Share your experiences!