“Always a Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Washington D.C.
“Always a Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Cascades, like Killington, is what you make of it. Comfortable, clean, and basic. That's what the Cascades offers and does well. Year after year, we know that we will get a quality room for a good rate and be close to the mountain. Feels like home to us!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JandJatthebeach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at beautiful hotel resorts in my travels and sometimes there are hotels that are simply nothing over the top. This is one of those places, it's clean and a nice place to sleep when staying in Killington. I've stayed at other places in the area the rooms may of been more spacious but nothing to pay higher rates for.
I've stayed here twice so far and so has my family we would all come back again. The owners are a nice family

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My ski buddies and I have been planning a trip to Killington for a long time. We chose Cascade's Lodge over all the other choices mainly because it was the cheapest place we could find that was "slopeside".

When I called to book the trip the manager was extremely helpful putting together the whole package. We wanted a 3 night, 4 day stay on Super Bowl weekend with lift tickets for Saturday and Sunday. The entire package was more than $500 cheaper than any other place and we got a room with a balcony and a view of the resort. It was slightly blocked by Mountain Green Resort but I got to see enough of the mountain up close and personal that weekend.

The room was average, a little out dated and smelled funny but we we didn't care because we were "dudeing" it up for the weekend and didn't have our families with us. The building is old and wooden so luckily we were on the top floor and didn't have to hear too much.

The food was average and it was nice to get a breakfast before hitting the slopes but the water was absolutely horrible!!! The water in the faucets and in the dining area smelled and tasted like rotten eggs. They also used the same water to make the coffee and juice from concentrate so all liquids in this building were ruined/ You would think that a mountain resort surrounded by huge mountains, streams, and a lot of snow would have some half way decent water to drink. I woke up after a serious night of drinking, tried to get water from the vending machine (sold out, guess no one else liked the water either!) so I ended up having to buy bottled water from the kitchen at a much higher price. Bring your own water!

There is a shuttle bus that runs out in front of Mountain Green that will shuttle you and your equipment back and forth to the Snowshed. From there you can catch another shuttle up to K1. This worked out very nice for us considering we had one friend staying with us that didn't like to get the first run of the morning.

We were there on Super Bowl weekend and they opened the bar up downstairs and even though it was one of the worst Super Bowls ever, we managed to have an outstanding time. The bar was felt like being at home. People were walking around in there PJ's and socks. We had a nice fire going and there is a living room setting where everyone made themselves comfortable. We broke out the chess board and had more fun doing that with everyone than watching the Seachickens beat the snot out of the Broncos.

Overall we were extremely satisfied with our weekend. We weren't in the Hilton by any means but felt like we got good value out of our deal. We would definitely stay here again sans our families. Next year, Super Bowl weekend, you will probably find us playing chess at the bar at Cascades!

Room Tip: Get a slopeside room if you can. It is worth a few extra sheckles.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Athens, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were supposed to have 17 guys staying there for spring break. We planned on driving through Sunday night and checking in Monday morning. I called at 11 pm Sunday night as we were driving and was told we might be able to check in as early as 11 am. Once we arrived at the hotel at 7am I tried to enter the hotel to check it out and ask a few questions about the area. I used the front door phone to call the desk since the door was locked. She raised her voice at me and said I needed to leave and come back at 3. I had a question about where to get our lift tickets but I was not able to ask since she HUNG UP ON ME. I then called the front desk from my cell phone and was told I had been, "nothing but a nuisance," and I ,"kept calling all night, repeatedly waking her up(the manager)." She then said that we would not be allowed to stay there since we were a "rowdy group of kids." She had not met us yet and was already already making assumptions, nice lady. I simply wanted to know where we could pick up our lift tickets. I have never been disrespected like this in the service industry and I was speechless. It's a hotel. If you work the front desk you aren't you supposed to be awake during the night to assist your future and current patrons? Anyways, we ended up finding rooms at the Inn of the Six Mountains right down the street. I recommend that you stay there or ANYWHERE else besides Cascade.

Room Tip: simply don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank IAN W

Travellers are raving about these Killington hotels

NB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I brought my family here for a ski trip and thought it would be charming.
The room was over infussed with room deorderizer, the beds too small and mattresses were awfull..espically for 2 adults in one. Breakfast was pretty basic but okay. Be very carefull about buying lift tickets..better deals and no refunds only lift ticket reissued at mountain. Hotel insists otherwise but mountain has finally say.
Hotel not well monitered for noise and other issues.
Could smell strongly in hall and when opened window illegal drugs.
When I mentioned on check out they felt was my responsibility to report.
Was obvious as room was at top of stairs to reception desk. They explained they felt was the fellow beside us as they could smell him at breakfast.
In a later conversation with G manager was told had they known they could have charged him for my nights stay- not sure how legally the believe that is posible. In follow up calls with person identified General Manager she was unable to supply owners name- not a liberty to say. When asked she was owner was told that she could not say. I searched the intertnet and found the name of who is listed as owner and apparently its only the inkeeper and in correct according to General Manager.
So the two women who are at front desk have alot to learn about service, being up front and not assuming they
Can strong arm there end result. I plan to file a complaint with BBB and Killington Business Association.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank schultz3
Edgewater, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here with our two kids and our parents. Here are some of the good things: it's very close to the mountain, could even be walking distance but there's a shuttle provided. The shuttle runs well and you really can't beat the location for the price that you are paying peak season. They have a nice pool with hot tub. My kids greatly enjoyed going for a swim between skiing and dinner. The rooms could be a bit updated but were nice and clean. Now for the bad.....the food! The first night we got there we had chicken soup which tasted like it was straight from the can and nachos that were right out of the microwave. Breakfast was free and the only thing edible there were the breakfast sausages, which were also probably from the microwave. The scrambled eggs were from a powder and the hard boiled eggs were actually served FROZEN. Yes, FROZEN! Oh well, overall for the price it's not a bad place to stay but don't plan on eating there if you go.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tanyag_10
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I booked last minute and we were treated beautifully the second we arrived. Pia knew that space was important to us and gave us the immediate option of a 2nd room or the ability to move rooms within a few days to a bigger room once space opened up. The staff was very friendly - they even helped us find a babysitter one of the 7 nights we were there so we could have date night. The pool was warm and fun! The jacuzzi was perfectly hot after -9 degree days on the ski slope. The bar had nice dinner options and the hot breakfasts were perfect before hitting the slopes. We are not big on just continental breakfasts - so having eggs and bacon every morning was great. Overall - we were very pleased with the cleanliness, the staff and the flexibility we received while staying here. Location was
great to all of the big ski lodges! We will be back in January or February.

• Stayed January 2014